University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Nottingham Ningbo China Beacons of Excellence Research and Innovation Institute
Associate Professor in Intelligent Manufacturing/Senior Investigator
Closing Date: open till filled
University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) invites applications for the Research Centre for Intelligent Manufacturing, part of Nottingham Ningbo China Beacons of Excellence Research and Innovation Institute (CBI). This is an exciting opportunity to participate in Beacons of Excellence global research initiative by The University of Nottingham, spearhead research strategy development and join a world class team from the ground up at a new research institution strongly supported by UNNC and the Ningbo government, as well as take advantage of the opportunities in collaborations between industry and academia, and funding agencies in China offered by this great platform.
Reporting to the Head of Research Centre for Intelligent Manufacturing, The role holder will be expected to make a significant impact within the Research Centre and play a key role in the research of Intelligent Manufacturing.
The incumbent will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Research Development: Act as a key member on major research projects within the Research Centre for Intelligent Manufacturing. Investigate and devise new research methods, generate new research approaches and contribute generally to the development of thought and practice in the field of Intelligent Manufacturing.
- Engagement with Internal and External Stakeholders: Develop internal (e.g. by participating in University/CBI Committees) and external relationships (e.g. external examiners/assessors and/or active researchers) to foster future collaboration.
- Teaching and PhD supervision: Responsible for teaching related duties in areas such as admissions, timetabling, examinations, student attendance; Deliver lectures and provide advice, instruction and examination in the subject and supervising PhD students.
- Operations and Compliance: Contribute to the development of research strategies in the CBI.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
- You should have PhD or equivalent in relevant subject area;
- You should have extensive publication track record and extensive research and student supervising experience with an established national and growing international reputation in the field of Intelligent Manufacturing in the international higher education sector;
- You should have extensive experience in developing and devising new research programmes, models, techniques and methods;
- You should have proven ability to provide effective management of groups and research activities;
- You should have proven record of promoting and maintaining collaborative links with industry/business/community.
About CBI and UNNC
Nottingham Ningbo China Beacons of Excellence Research and Innovation Institute (CBI) is an exciting new collaboration between the city of Ningbo and UNNC, designed to establish multi-disciplinary, international, first-class research teams in key areas related to the economic development needs of Ningbo. The Institute primarily addresses prominent issues in three areas – Intelligent Manufacturing, Green Chemicals and Energy, Life Sciences and Healthcare, all of which are closely connected with local development goals. Each of the three areas will have a dedicated research centre hosting leading scholars and researchers.
UNNC was the first Sino-foreign University to open its doors in China. Located in Ningbo, this award winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to a student body of over 8,000 in 16 years. As part of the University of Nottingham which also has its main campus in the UK and another campus in Malaysia, UNNC is a pioneering institution that provides exceptional education and an outstanding learning experience to its students. UNNC delivers world-leading research that transforms lives. UNNC serves as a strong foundation of and support for CBI.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
Successful candidate will be offered a five-year contract initially that may be extended by mutual agreement. CBI and UNNC are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. We offer international highly competitive salary package and a range of benefits and entitlements, including employment support allowance to support your rental and home flight needs, international private medical insurances, schooling support, first arrival and repatriation allowance, and paid annual leave. Start-up research funding will also be provided to you and your team based on research needs and CBI evaluation.
How to Apply
Only on-line applications will be accepted. Referees will be contacted prior to interview.
Informal enquiries may be addressed via email: CBIHR@nottingham.edu.cn . If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86-574-88180000 ext 8087.
Equality and Diversity
UNNC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age*, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.
Associate Professor In Statistics , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥606,426 to ¥720,242 £73,631.03 to £87,450.34 converted salary* pe...
Associate Professor In Building Services Engineering , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥606,426 to ¥720,242 £72,943.34 to £86,633.59 converted salary* pe...
Teaching Fellow In Architecture , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥337,904 to ¥460,527 £40,875.23 to £55,708.57 converted salary* pe...
Teaching Fellow In Architectural Design , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥337,904 to ¥460,527 £40,821.51 to £55,635.35 converted salary* pe...
Sincerely Invite You To Apply For The 2023 Excellent Young Scientists…, China Medical University (CMU), China, 15 days ago
For the sake of further improving the talent funding system of the Science Foundation, fully exerting the function of the Science Foundation in introducing and cultivating talents, and attracting ...
Position: Assistant, Associate And Full Professorship, Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), China, 27 days ago
Position: Assistant, Associate and Full Professorships Institute: Guangdong Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) Type: Full Time Area: Physics Location: Shantou, Guangdong Province – ...