- Ningbo - China
£78,852.36 to £93,651.63 converted salary* per annum
- Closing Date:
- Monday, 31 October 2022
Opportunities at the University of Nottingham in Ningbo China
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit an Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Teaching and Learning) in Nottingham University Business School China.
Your Key Responsibilities
- To deliver consistently excellent teaching across a range of modules or within a subject area, keeping abreast of the subject matter and modern teaching methods.
- To be responsible for the design and quality control of modules and/or programmes of study in specialist area ensuring the curriculum is up to date and international in its scope.
- To design, develop and deliver a range of programmes of study, sometimes for entirely new courses at various levels; develop business cases based upon market intelligence and commercial knowledge.
- To provide curriculum leadership in own area of expertise; design and undertake assessments, marking and feedback.
- To take an active role in influencing the practice of consistently excellent teaching across the academic unit by disseminating evidence-informed developments in curriculum delivery, early adoption and promotion of enabling technologies and pedagogies.
- To engage in scholarship of teaching and learning in relation to own discipline and/or establish a national reputation in discipline.
- To contribute to the teaching and learning policy/strategy in the academic unit.
- To lead on and participate in outreach and community engagements activities on behalf of the School and University.
- To acquire and apply expertise in the use of enabling technologies to support student experience and student learning and to support collaborative and efficient working; mentor junior colleagues in the uptake of these technologies.
- To lead and develop external networks for example with external examiners and assessors and/or other active scholars in disciplinary area and/or higher education pedagogy; develop links with external contacts such as other educational bodies, employers, and professional institutions to foster collaboration and the exploitation and transfer of knowledge.
- PhD in Entrepreneurship and Innovation or relevant subject area.
- Ideally at least 5 years’ teaching experience within subject/discipline in higher education.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in developing teaching and learning methods and coaching colleagues.
- Good experience and achievement in chosen field, reflected in an established national and growing international reputation.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in delivering teaching within an agreed quality framework, and using a range of delivery techniques and technologies to inspire and engage students.
- Proven ability in engaging in scholarship of teaching and learning in relation to own discipline, and leading of outreach and community engagements.
- Proven record of managing projects relating to own area of work and organisation of external activities such as placements and field trips.
- Involvement in the development of policy and administrative matters within the School and University.
- Experience in teaching, supervision, and/or development of executive education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Located in Ningbo, this award-winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to establish a student body of over 9,000 in just 18 years. As a key component of UNNC, Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) China is an integral part of the Nottingham University Business School awarding the same internationally recognised degrees offered by Nottingham in the UK. We are a young business school with a strong international and research orientation and we are accredited by the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – the world's most widely recognised quality assurance standards for accounting and business education.
We have strengthened our focus on high impact research, customised executive education and high-quality teaching. We have a vibrant research community emphasising research excellence. NUBS China is an international academic gateway for research on business, finance and economics in China and a centre of expertise on Chinese firms going global.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
Successful candidate will be offered a five-year contract that may be extended by mutual agreement. Salary will be within the range of RMB 606,426 to RMB 720,242 per annum depending on skills and experience (salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance). We are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. We offer international highly competitive salary package and you will have a range of benefits and entitlements, such as accommodation allowance, insurances, schooling support, home flight, relocation & repatriation support, and paid annual leave. You will be offered a wider range of Chinese talent schemes application opportunities based on the eligibility of application.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application via the 'Apply' button before 31 October 2022.
Only on-line applications will be accepted.
Referees will be contacted prior to interview and interviews will take place in Ningbo China.
Informal enquiries regarding these vacancies may be addressed to Professor David Phang, Head of Department of Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Management Systems of Nottingham University Business School China at email: CheeWei.Phang@nottingham.edu.cn . If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86 574 88180000(ext.8854), Email: email@example.com .
Equality and Diversity
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.
To learn more about working and living in China, please visit: www.jobs.ac.uk/careers-advice/country-profiles/china
Associate Professor In Architectural Environment Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Location: NB-Ningbo Contract Status: Full-Time 23:59, Beijing Time Job Family: Academic Closing Time: 12/20/2022 Salary: 606426 RMB to 720242 RMB per annum, depending on skills and experience. S...
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor In Green Chemical Processes, EURAXESS, China, 28 days ago
The China Beacons Institute is now seeking exceptional scholars to join us as Assistant Professors / Associate Professors / Professors in Green Chemical Processes and Process Intensification. Abou...
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor In Renewable Energy & Energy Storage, EURAXESS, China, 28 days ago
The China Beacons Institute is now seeking exceptional scholars to join us as Assistant Professors / Associate Professors / Professors in Renewable Energy & Energy Storage. About China Beacons Ins...
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor In Additive Manufacturing, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
The China Beacons Institute is now seeking exceptional scholars to join us as Assistant Professors / Associate Professors / Professors in Additive Manufacturing. About China Beacons Institute The ...
Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Full Professor In Advanced Manufacturing, EURAXESS, China, 28 days ago
The China Beacons Institute is now seeking exceptional scholars to join us as Assistant Professors / Associate Professors / Professors in Advanced Manufacturing. About China Beacons Institute The ...
Assistant Professor In Building Services Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Location: NB-Ningbo Contract Status: Full-Time 23:59, Beijing Time Job Family: Academic Closing Time: 12/20/2022 Salary: 429906 RMB to 566105 RMB per annum, depending on skills and experience. S...