University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit an Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Teaching and Learning focus) in Nottingham University Business School China.
Your Key Responsibilities
- To deliver consistently excellent teaching across a range of modules or within a subject area, keeping abreast of the subject matter and modern teaching methods.
- To be responsible for the design and quality control of modules and/or programmes of study in specialist area ensuring the curriculum is up to date and international in its scope.
- To design, develop and deliver a range of programmes of study, sometimes for entirely new courses at various levels; develop business cases based upon market intelligence and commercial knowledge.
- To provide curriculum leadership in own area of expertise; design and undertake assessments, marking and feedback.
- To take an active role in influencing the practice of consistently excellent teaching across the academic unit by disseminating evidence-informed developments in curriculum delivery, early adoption and promotion of enabling technologies and pedagogies.
- To engage in scholarship of teaching and learning in relation to own discipline and/or establish a national reputation in discipline.
- To contribute to the teaching and learning policy/strategy in the academic unit.
- To lead on and participate in outreach and community engagements activities on behalf of the School and University.
- To acquire and apply expertise in the use of enabling technologies to support student experience and student learning and to support collaborative and efficient working; mentor junior colleagues in the uptake of these technologies.
- To lead and develop external networks for example with external examiners and assessors and/or other active scholars in disciplinary area and/or higher education pedagogy; develop links with external contacts such as other educational bodies, employers, and professional institutions to foster collaboration and the exploitation and transfer of knowledge.
- PhD in Entrepreneurship and Innovation or relevant subject area.
- At least 5 years’ teaching experience within subject/discipline in higher education.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in developing teaching and learning methods and coaching colleagues.
- Good experience and achievement in chosen field, reflected in an established national and growing international reputation.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in delivering teaching within an agreed quality framework, and using a range of delivery techniques and technologies to inspire and engage students.
- Proven ability in engaging in scholarship of teaching and learning in relation to own discipline, and leading of outreach and community engagements.
- Proven record of managing projects relating to own area of work and organisation of external activities such as placements and field trips.
- Involvement in the development of policy and administrative matters within the School and University.
- Experience in teaching, supervision, and/or development of executive education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Located in Ningbo, this award-winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to establish a student body of over 9,000 in just 18 years.As a key component of UNNC, Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) China is an integral part of the Nottingham University Business School awarding the same internationally recognised degrees offered by Nottingham in the UK. We are a young business school with a strong international and research orientation and we are accredited by the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – the world's most widely recognised quality assurance standards for accounting and business education.
We have strengthened our focus on high impact research, customised executive education and high-quality teaching. We have a vibrant research community emphasising research excellence. NUBS China is an international academic gateway for research on business, finance and economics in China and a centre of expertise on Chinese firms going global.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
Successful candidate will be offered a five-year contract that may be extended by mutual agreement. Salary will be within the range of RMB 620,374 to RMB 762,597 per annum depending on skills and experience (salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance). We are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. We offer international highly competitive salary package and you will have a range of benefits and entitlements, such as accommodation allowance, insurances, schooling support, home flight, relocation & repatriation support, and paid annual leave. You will be offered a wider range of Chinese talent schemes application opportunities based on the eligibility of application.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application via our on-line application system before 15 December 2023 at:
Only on-line applications made at (http://job.nottingham.edu.cn ) will be accepted. Referees will be contacted prior to interview and interviews will take place in Ningbo China.
Informal enquiries regarding these vacancies may be addressed to Professor David Phang, Head of Department of Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Management Systems of Nottingham University Business School China at email: [email protected] . If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86 574 88180000(ext.8854), Email: [email protected] .
Equality and Diversity
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.
Teaching Fellow In Architectural Design, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, China, 26 days ago
3 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA Research Field Architecture Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country ...
Professor In Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, China, 26 days ago
3 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA Research Field Mathematics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country C...
Associate Professor In Computer Science , ;, China, 20 days ago
Opportunities at the University of Nottingham Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in Chi...
Marketing Executive China , ;, China, 12 days ago
Location: Mainland China - please note, we are unable to provide sponsorship for a work visa. Hours: 40 per week A bit about us Here at NCUK, we consider ourselves a unique organisation. A consort...
Shaoxing Institute,Zju Calls For Application Of China's Excellent Young Scientists Fund(Overseas)!, Shaoxing Institute, Zhejiang University, Spain, 24 days ago
Shaoxing Institute,ZJU Calls for Application of China's Excellent Young Scientists Fund(overseas)! In order to focus on major scientific and technological innovation platforms, construction of new...
Faculty Positions In Linguistics, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), China, 26 days ago
3 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU) Research Field Language sciences Literature Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country China ...