The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics MU invites applications for a position of Assistant Professor in Natural Language Processing, with the Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing.
September 30, 2022
Employment start date:
By mutual agreement
This position is aimed to strengthen the work of the Natural Language Processing Centre (NLP Centre - https://nlp.fi.muni.cz/) at the Faculty of Informatics. NLP Centre conducts basic and applied research in all areas of text and speech analysis and knowledge engineering with applications in data analysis projects (often in cooperation with industrial partners) and education of future language and data analysts. Besides research and education, the abilities to work with a team of graduate students on research targeting top NLP conferences and to engage undergraduate and graduate students in both educational and research exercises are crucial.
Job description key points:
- Active international cooperation, in research and education.
- Involvement in teaching in the natural language processing area.
- Supervision of Master/Bachelor theses and consultancy or co-supervision of PhDs.
- Involvement in expanding industrial cooperation in the natural language processing area.
Desired skills and achievements:
- Experience with research achievements published at the top NLP conferences or best journals publishing NLP research results.
- Ability to work well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Successfully defended Bachelor and/or Master theses supervised.
- Experience with research project team leadership is an advantage.
- Open-source projects development and maintenance.
- The starting salary for this Assistant Professor position is 76.500 CZK, and with the progress in this tenure-track position can in no more than 3 years be modified based on the level of involvement in research and educational projects.
Applicants should submit:
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the IT area;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application. Please click the above Apply button to access.
In case this way of submission would not be possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for the such submission.
Any queries regarding the submission shall be sent to:email@example.com .
Queries regarding the position as such can be addressed to assoc. prof. Ales Horak: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Machine Learning For Information Extraction From Ancient Texts, KU Leuven, Belgium, 25 days ago
The PhD candidate will focus on the extraction of relevant information from Ancient Greek and Latin texts, which will subsequently be used for further analyses within the project. Part of the task...
Machine Learning For Information Extraction From Ancient Texts, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 27 days ago
(ref. BAP-2022-522) Laatst aangepast : 11/07/2022 Within the context of the ID-N project NIKAW, funded by the Special Research Fund (BOF) of KU Leuven, we are inviting applications for a PhD posit...
Senior Professional Officer (Software Engineering Ai / Ml – Ra Pid / Spice), SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT), United Kingdom, 26 days ago
The Professional Officers Division (POD) houses two Innovation Centres – Rapid Product Innovation and Development (RaPID) Centre and SIT-Poly Innovation Centre of Excellence (SPICE) Centre. The Ra...
Research Analyst, Asian Institute Of Digital Finance, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 19 days ago
About the Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF) The AIDF is a university-level institute in NUS, jointly founded by The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), the National Research Foundation ...
European Media Platforms: Assessing Positive And Negative Externalities For European Culture..., Fundació per a la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain, 19 days ago
The EUMEPLAT project aims at analyzing the role of media platforms in fostering or dismantling European identity. The assumption we will draw on is that European dimension has rarely been dominant...
Software Engineer For Machine Learning (# Of Pos: 3), Kempelen Institute of Intelligent Technologies, Slovakia, 20 days ago
We seek an enthusiastic software research engineer who will contribute to the design and implementation of tools for experimental evaluation of AI models and methods and building tools for our res...