The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic – Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 3,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 26 diploma programs through student-centered learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of the Qatar National Vision, 2030.
The School of Business and Information Technology invites applications for positions at the level of Assistant Professor in Human Resource Management.
Reporting to the Chair of Human Resources and Business Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of a broad range of courses within Human Resource Management and Business programs. S/he will evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment. The successful candidate will liaise with industry and other educational institutions; participate in industry advisory committees and coordinate, manage and control projects within the specified program area. Faculty members will keep course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in instructional development/improvement plans. All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the College and beyond.
PhD or an equivalent Terminal degree in Human Resource Management. A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training or industry training environment, along with 5 years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within a relevant discipline. Candidates should also be recognized in the following criteria:
- contribution to the advancement of knowledge through applied research, scholarship, publication, knowledge transfer or professional practice which would be expected to be international in its scope;
- contribution to the advancement of learning by the leadership of teaching and curriculum development;
- professional recognition and standing amongst peers;
- academic subject leadership or academic management
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education)
- Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology based project
Other Required Skills:
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community
Ability to initiate applied research projects.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via our online application portal.
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application, which may include (but need not be limited to) curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers, and sample publications. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected. Applicants must apply online.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Visiting Assistant Or Associate Teaching Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Qatar, about 21 hours ago
The Department of Mathematical Sciences at Carnegie Mellon University invites applications for a two-year Visiting Assistant Teaching Professor or Visiting Associate Teaching Professor position, t...
Program Coordinator Ii P11, Texas A&M University, United States, 13 days ago
Job Title Program Coordinator II P11 Agency Texas A&M University Department Qatar Campus Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Doha, Ad Dawhah Job Type Staff Job Description Our Commit...
Educational Technologist, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 5 hours ago
Educational Technologist - 00CIN Description Yale-NUS College is a liberal arts college in Singapore offering 4-year undergraduate courses in the sciences, social sciences, and humanities. The Col...
Head Of Chan Feng Men Ling Chan Shuk Lin Language Centre , City University of Hong Kong ;, Hong Kong, 1 day ago
City University of Hong Kong is a dynamic, fast-growing university that is pursuing excellence in research and professional education. As a publicly funded institution, the University is committed...
Associate Professor In Chemical Process System Engineering, Aalborg University, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, a position as Associate Professor in Chemical Process System Engineering is open for appointment from 01.09.2020,...
Technology Acceleration Manager , EPFL, Switzerland, about 1 hour ago
The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people suppor...