- Application Development
- To provide, recommend and evaluate various possible solutions and clearly communicate the cost and benefits of the various solutions
- To design, develop and continuously enhance software applications
- To document software application to serve maintenance requirements on the system
- To align system design and development to organisational standards and best practices for security and development
- To ensure system are robust, available and scalable as needed
- To perform peer code review
- To ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- To design, develop and manage tools for the creation of structured content and to support in the creation of multi-formatted outputs such as PdF, ePub, HTML and others.
- To develop tools and programs for managing and transforming structured documents - this may include XSLT/XSL-FO and other DITA/XML transformations.
- To maintain software applications and support user inquiries and requests
- To troubleshoot errors and issues
- To perform bug fixes and data patching
- To perform system upgrading and enhancement
- Innovative and flexible
- Able to collaborate with other team members and stakeholders on various projects
- Able to work independently
- To plan and budget for software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software
- At least 5 years of software development experience and minimum 3 complete SDLC projects
- Experience in Full-stack development, object-oriented analysis & design, building web applications and familiar with the following technology:
- Application Tier: Node.js, React.js and Restful Web Services, JSON etc.
- Database Tier: Relational database like MySQL or Object-Relational database (No SQL Db) is required
- Server Tier: Amazon Web Services (EC2, beanstalk and RDS) along with basic Linux or Windows Server administration.
- General understanding of RESTful API architecture
- Experience in XML Structure document technologies.
- Document Databases (eXistDB)
- Transformations Processors (XSL-FO, XSLT)
- Knowledge in Graph Database will be an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack, including protocols and Web server optimization techniques (e.g HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading/caching)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good interpersonal skills
Lead Programmer Analyst And Senior Programmer Analyst, SUNY, United States, 10 days ago
About The State University of New York : The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, and more than 95 percent of all New Yorkers ...
Automation Developer, University of Alberta, Canada, about 24 hours ago
This competition is an internal expression of interest opportunity as part of the Service Excellence Transformation initiative and is restricted to NASA salaried university employees (Regular and ...
Web Developer, McGill University, Canada, 17 days ago
Position Summary: Seeking a skilled web developer to join an academic team in the Department of Electrical and Computer creating software and hardware tools for people who are blind or visually im...
Software Engineer Technical Staff Member (Mass Spectrometry, Cancer Vaccine Discovery Science), University of Gdansk, Poland, 6 days ago
Profile of candidates/requirements Preferred Qualifications: • Bachelor's degree or further training in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering • Development expe...
Junior Developer (# Of Pos: 2), LIP - Laboratório de Instrumentação e Física Experimental de Partículas, Portugal, about 11 hours ago
The Laboratory of Instrumentation and Experimental Particle Physics (LIP) is opening a selection tender for two vacancies for Junior Developer/Programmer to aid research in the scientific subject ...
Systems Analyst Developer, Arizona State University, United States, 4 days ago
69962BR Campus: Tempe Systems Analyst Job Description At Arizona State University, we measure ourselves not by whom we exclude, but rather by whom we include and how they succeed. In Admission Ser...