Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Based at Wakefield City Campus, working across all campus sites will be required.
Expiry date: 11:00, 18 September 2020
Generous Annual Leave, Discounted Metro Card Scheme, Good Pension Scheme, Excellent Training & Development
As an Assistant Health & Safety Officer, you will provide health & safety operational function for the College by the active promotion of health and safety awareness and monitoring of health and safety related functions, including risk assessments and training and ensuring these are satisfactorily completed.
This role will involve the following duties:
- Actively promoting health and safety for the College, through open engagement with students, staff and visitors
- Work with the Assistant Health & Safety Officer – Compliance, to organise and deliver a structured programme of health and safety training, identifying key areas and compliance with changes to legislation
- Manage the promotion of risk assessments
- Organise and implement statutory fire evacuation drills
- Conduct investigation of accidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses on and off College premises
As an Assistant Health & Safety Officer – Operations you should:
- Hold GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Hold NEBOSH Certificate (or willingness to undertake)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- The ability to interpret and communicate complex Health & Safety regulations
- Ability to work in a busy environment and adaptable to change
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
See what we have to offer and come and join us….
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 18 September 2020
Interview date: Thursday 1 October 2020
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.
Lecturer In Medical Imaging (Medical Technologist), University of Bradford, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
View All Opportunities Faculty of Health Studies School of Allied Health Professions and Midwifery Salary: £35,845 to £49,553 per annum Post Type: Full Time Contract Type: Permanent Closing Date...
Employer And Placement Adviser, University of Bradford, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
View All Opportunities Professional Services Student, Academic and Information Services Salary: £26,715 to £29,167 per annum Fixed term for 12 months Post Type: Full Time Contract Type: Fixed Te...
Teaching Technician (Archaeological And Forensic Sciences), University of Bradford, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
View All Opportunities Faculty of Life Sciences School of Archaeological and Forensic Sciences Salary: £23,067 to £25,217 Post Type: Full Time Contract Type: Permanent Closing Date: Friday 30 O...
Lecturer In Social Work, University of Bradford, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
View All Opportunities Faculty of Mgmt, Law and Social Sciences School of Social Sciences Salary: £42,792 to £49,553 per annum There are two posts available. Post Type: Full Time Contract Type: ...
Machine Learning Researcher (Ktp Associate) , University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious graduate or professional with the ability and confidence to embed academic knowledge in the areas of data science, machine learning and explainable...
Lecturer In Advanced Pharmacy Practice, University of Bradford, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
View All Opportunities Faculty of Life Sciences School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences Salary: £42,792 to £49,553 per annum Post Type: Part Time Contract Type: Permanent Closing Date: Sunday 0...