Aimhigher Assistant - External Relations - 81875 - Band 500 - (210001UI)
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Full time starting salary is normally in the range of £23,699 to £25,458 with potential progression once in post to £29,471
Full time/Fixed term contract until 31st October 2022
Closing date: 24th October 2021
Interviews are scheduled for 4th November 2021
Our offer to you
People are at the heart of what we are and do.
The University of Birmingham is proud to have been a part of the City of Birmingham and the wider region for over 100 years, and we are equally proud to be recognised as a leading global university. We want to attract talented people from across the city and beyond, support them to succeed, and celebrate their success.
We are committed to helping the people who work here to develop through our sector-leading Birmingham Professional programme which provides all professional services staff with development opportunities and the encouragement to reach their full potential. With almost 5,000 professional services jobs in a wide-range of functions in Edgbaston and in our campus in Dubai, there are plenty of opportunities for you to be able to develop your career at the University.
We believe there is no such thing as a typical member of staff and that diversity is a source of strength that underpins the exchange of ideas, innovation, and debate. We warmly welcome people from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where diversity is at the heart of who and what we are, and how we work.
Supporting our people to achieve a healthy work/life balance is important both to our employees and to the success of the University and, depending on the role, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements. We therefore welcome discussions on all forms of flexible working. In addition, you will receive a generous package of benefits including 40 days paid holiday a year, one paid day a year for volunteering, occupational sick pay, and a pension scheme. We also have three high quality subsidised day nurseries.
The University is situated in leafy Edgbaston and there are excellent transport links to our beautiful campus, including main bus routes and a train station on site. On campus we have a state-of-the-art sports centre with pool, shops, places to eat and drink, our own art gallery, museum and botanical gardens.
The Student Recruitment and Outreach Office forms part of External Relations and our responsibilities cover a wide range of functions relating to admissions policy and students recruitment, international strategy and overseas links and collaboration of many kinds. This includes delivering the commitment of the University to widening participation in Higher Education, to ensure that able students from under–represented groups are encouraged to access a University education.
An important part of the ethos of our Office is that staff work co-operatively across all sections to provide an effective, efficient and friendly service to the University, its staff, students, applicants and all those with whom we come into contact.
This post will work as a member of the Aimhigher Team in the central coordination hub based at the University of Birmingham as part of the OfS funded Uni Connect Programme (UCP). The Aimhigher Assistant will be the first point of contact for the Aimhigher Hub and will provide essential administrative support across the team.
The role will provide administrative support across a number of the Aimhigher Hub functions:
Data and monitoring:
• Support statutory reporting and evaluation in terms of the partnership Access and Participation Plan (APP) and UCP work, identifying and resolving any issues or escalating as appropriate.
• Communicating with schools and HEIs to support the collection learner data used for targeting and monitoring purposes
• Inputting large datasets on databases
• Supporting the collection of evaluation data from learners and schools to evidence the impact of UCP and APP
Programme wide support:
• Supporting in the administration of the UniFest programme
• Responding to general queries through the Aimhigher mailbox
• Supporting the administration of wider Aimhigher programmes including but not limited to mentoring and year 8 experience days
• Offer support across marketing functions of the Aimhigher Team
• Servicing various Aimhigher meetings including but not limited to booking rooms, catering, circulating papers in advance of meetings and taking minutes
• Managing the office diary
• Supporting procurement and finance functions of the Aimhigher Hub including reconciling accounts on a monthly basis, raising purchase orders and processing payments
• Supporting the finance and monitoring with the Assistant Officer in developing quarterly reports
• Educated to A level or equivalent, GCSE passes in English and Maths
• Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft packages in particular Excel
• Experience of using databases
• Experience of supporting office administrative functions
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of stakeholders verbally and via email
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to prioritise workload to manage time effectively
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility, tact and diplomacy
• Prepared to work evening and occasional weekends when required
• The postholder will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Informal enquiries can be made to Andrea Coyne - email@example.com
We value diversity at The University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community’
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment
: External Relations
: 07.10.2021, 7:00:00 PM
Grade (for job description): Band 500
Salary (Pay Basis)
Advert Close Date
: 24.10.2021, 6:59:00 PM
Fixed Term Contract End Date 31.10.2022
Research Student Administration Team Leader , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Position Details Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £27,924 to £30,497, with potential progression once in post to £34,...
Research Fellow , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Salary: Full time starting salary is normally in the range £30,942 to £40,322 with potential progression once in post to £42,792 – Please note - As this vacancy has limited funding the maximum sal...
Research Fellow , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £31,406 to £40,927, with potential progression once in post to £43,434 Grade 7 Part Time 18.75...
Research Fellow , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £31,406 to £40,927, with potential progression once in post to £43,434. Grade 7 Full...
Research Fellow (Ibov) , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
College of Life and Environmental Sciences Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £31,406 to £40,927. With potential progre...
Postdoctoral Researcher Physics And Astronomy , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £31,406 to £40,927, with potential progression once in post to £43,434. Fixed Term c...