Location: The Francis Crick Institute, Midland Road, London
The position of Accounts Payable Manager is a key role in the Finance Operations and Control team, reporting to the Head of Finance Operations and Control and tasked with oversight and smooth running of the Accounts Payable (AP) function, including the team of Accounts Payable Assistants and the Accounts Payable Supervisor. The primary function of this team is to process and pay supplier invoices received by the Crick, ensuring that payments to suppliers are made promptly whilst also ensuring that all paid invoices meet the organisation’s governance requirements. The team also undertake other processing tasks including expense claims and supplier setup validations.
- Overall responsibility for the AP team’s registering of high volumes of purchase invoices (c6000 per month), including matching to purchase orders and checking the accuracy of the invoice content and coding.
- Management of the AP team’s workload, including sickness and annual leave ‘peaks and troughs’ to ensure that appropriate resource is available to maintain consistent performance.
- Overall responsibility for the Accounts Payable team’s other functions, including but not limited to the reviewing and processing of staff expense claims in line with the Crick’s Travel & Expense Policy, the checking and registering of non-staff expenses claims, the setup and validation of new suppliers in Workday, and the preparation of weekly BACS payment runs.
- Leadership and line management of the Accounts Payable Supervisor and the team of Accounts Payable Assistants, including regular team meetings, 1-2-1s and recruitment activity where required.
- Production and development of regular stats and KPI reports, including but not limited to weekly stats for match-exceptions, total invoices processed, hours worked by the team etc, and also external payment practices reporting when required.
The Francis Crick Institute is a biomedical discovery institute dedicated to understanding the fundamental biology underlying health and disease. Its work is helping to understand why disease develops and to translate discoveries into new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, stroke, infections, and neurodegenerative diseases.
An independent organisation, its founding partners are the Medical Research Council (MRC), Cancer Research UK, Wellcome, UCL (University College London), Imperial College London and King’s College London.
The Crick was formed in 2015, and in 2016 it moved into a new state-of-the-art building in central London which brings together 1500 scientists and support staff working collaboratively across disciplines, making it the biggest biomedical research facility under in one building in Europe.
The Francis Crick Institute will be world-class with a strong national role. Its distinctive vision for excellence includes commitments to collaboration; developing emerging talent and exporting it the rest of the UK; public engagement; and helping turn discoveries into treatments as quickly as possible to improve lives and strengthen the economy.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply via our website.
- The closing date for applications is 08.07.2022
- All offers of employment are subject to successful security screening and continuous eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Brf Shipping & Colony Coordinator, Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
BRF Shipping & Colony Coordinator Reports to: BRF DATABASE & IT LIAISON This is a full-time, permanent position on Crick terms and conditions of employment. Summary The Biological Research Facilit...
Senior Laboratory Research Scientist – Chemical Biology Stp, Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Senior Laboratory Research Scientist – Chemical Biology STP Reports to: Head of Chemical Biology This is a full time, permanent position on Crick terms and conditions of employment. Overview The p...
<! Anchor > <! Anchor > Research Associate In The Comprehensive Cancer Centre <! Anchor > , King's College London, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
This Computational Biologist post, which is part of the CRUK Centre of London Centre, will sit within the School of Cancer and Pharmaceutical Sciences at King’s College London. The successful cand...
Laboratory Research Officer, Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Laboratory Research Officer Reports to: Petr Znamenskiy, Group Leader This is a full-time, fixed term (11 months) position on Crick terms and conditions of employment. The Role This Laboratory Res...
Senior Laboratory Research Scientist – Viral Vectors And In Vivo Experiments Applied..., Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Senior Laboratory Research Scientist – Viral Vectors and In Vivo Experiments - Applied Biotechnology Laboratory Contact term: This is a full-time, fixed term (24 months) position on Crick terms an...
Visiting Professorships, Leverhulme Trust, United Kingdom, about 10 hours ago
For UK institutions to invite an eminent researcher from overseas to enhance the skills and knowledge of the academic staff and/or students Value Applications are invited for a minimum of £10,000 ...