Student Services, Communication and Events Manager
Operations & Customer Service Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Student Services, Student Services, Communication and Events Manager is an integral part of the Dubai and Shanghai team. You should be comfortable with and excited about working face-to-face with students on a daily basis. This position involves a great deal of interaction with international students, so cultural sensitivity and a keen interest in student support is crucial.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and budget for student activities and periodic social events including, cultural, special and events, which meet the needs of Hult’s international community.
- Recruit, train and manage student volunteers for events on and off campus.
- Increase student engagement, and collaborate with students through clubs, societies and organizations and serve as the key point of contact and support for the student governing body, the Hult Student Association (H.S.A.).
- Manage the campus wide activities calendar and oversee all aspects of all events on campus from the conception of the initial idea to the full final execution of the event, conducting evaluations and generating ideas around how to improve planning, execution and quality of all events.
- Organize annual Orientation, Check in Sessions during Hult’s Global Campus Rotation Program, Hult Prize and Graduation.
- Build partnerships and negotiate with local businesses to streamline the events creation and execution process and manage potential staff related to the event including caterers, logistics, entertainment etc.
- Manage and coordinate the internal and external methods of communication for promoting events and news, including social media.
- Communicate, promote and manage news, events and city information for students via internal web platforms and ensure information is constantly up to date.
- Manage pre-arrival communication emails for incoming students, and annual events including, Graduation and Hult’s Global Rotation Program.
Support and Advice
- Provide daily non-academic support via email, phone and/or in person to the Hult student body, including welfare, guidance and visa support.
- Provide incoming students with information and on-going support and guidance on relocating to Shanghai and Dubai, including accommodation options, insurance and any other general queries.
- Provide high quality, and professional customer service that enhances the student and faculty experience, from pre-arrival communication/resources, through post-graduation periods of work authorization.
- Assist the Director of Operations to formulate and implement an action plan to support and increase student satisfaction.
- Assist the Director of Operations to formulate and manage departmental budgets.
- Provide additional support to the Operations team, as may be required.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Several years of event management experience
- Experience managing partners, predicting costs, managing funds and being cost conscious
- Creative thinker and listener, able to transform ideas and suggestions into successful activities
- IT, PR and social media skills in order to create awareness of the event via online marketing
- Flexible with work hours. Occasional evening and weekend events are required.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm to work under pressure and to prioritize requests in a demanding environment
- Ability to work efficiently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines, with exceptional time management skills
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff with diplomacy
- Well-presented and businesslike
- Interest in working with an internationally diverse student population
At Hult International Business School, students do more that earn a degree. They learn to see the world differently. By bringing together people, cultures, and innovative ideas from around the world, Hult is dedicated to providing an educational experience that transforms mindsets and careers.
With six campus locations in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York, and a student body of unparalleled diversity representing more than 150 nationalities, our students live a global education, not just learn about it.
It’s no longer enough to follow the paths of the past—that’s why Hult has designed a business school that looks to the future by focusing on developing leadership skills, challenging students with a future-oriented curriculum, and building the global perspective that only first-hand experience can bring.
Hult is accredited by AACSB which is known, worldwide, as the longest standing, most recognized form of specialized/professional accreditation an institution and its business programs can earn. Less than 5% of the business schools in the world have earned this quality hallmark.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
Hult International Business School is a 501©(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.
Apply Apply Later
← Back to Current Openings
Share LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email
Powered by Jobvite
You have been redirected to a Hult International Business School job page
Sports Development Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Closing date 24 Oct 2019 23:00 (UK time) Salary AED 166,136–AED 204,130 Location Dubai Department Heriot-Watt University Dubai Category Administration Status Full Time Duration 36 months fixed-ter...
Digital Services Librarian, University of Toronto, Canada, 23 days ago
Digital Services Librarian Vacancy An exceptional opportunity awaits an innovative forward-thinking librarian at American University of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates (near Dubai). As part of...
Senior Events And Public Relations Officer, Office Of The Vice President, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
The Opportunity The Office of the Vice President seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Events and Public Relations Officer who will be under the direction and supervision of Manager, Proto...
Manager, Financial Planning And Analysis, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Location 62200 Putrajaya, MY Organization Name Heriot-Watt University Malaysia About Heriot-Watt University Heriot-Watt University has five campuses: three in the UK (Edinburgh, Scottish Borders a...
Assistant To Dean, School, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 4 days ago
Reports to:Dean of the School of Sciences and Engineering Purpose: Reporting directly to the dean, the job holder is the de facto office delegate of the dean in matters pertaining to day-to-day ad...
Senior Operations Manager, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 6 hours ago
Job/Position Summary: This senior leadership role in Graduate Affairs defines business strategies and provides broad leadership and coordination to a team of staff in Graduate Affairs that manage ...