Senior Research Engineer
Field:3P Printing Additive Manufacturing
DescriptionThe DEWA R&D Center is looking to fill the vacancy of a researcher to contribute to the project for development of (electrical/electronic/mechatronics/embedded) automation for 3D printing production.
- develop and conduct research in areas of: new innovations in 3D printing automation / 3D printing farm / 3D printing factory,
- develop and integrate new proof-of-concepts (TRL 1-2), and subsequently realize the engineering prototype (TRL 3-5),
- design, model, simulate, fabricate, test, characterize, troubleshoot the automation of 3D printing processes/flows, and
- deliver final working systems/integrations/prototypes of automation of 3D printing processes/flows which meet the requirements.
The project requires an understanding of various 3D printing processes/flows, the bottleneck of production using additive manufacturing, and strategy for automation (hardware, software, firmware, integration, etc.). The candidate should be proficient in hands-on electronics, mechatronics, embedded system, hardware prototyping, product development, experimentation, simulation, characterization and should be comfortable to learn new skills needed for the job. The candidate should be comfortable working as member of a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects across multiple areas but also manage individual tasks independently. Thinking out of the box and comfort in bridging cross-disciplinary silos to conduct innovative research are strongly desirable qualities.
The hiring will be through a third party contract and not direct DEWA.
- M.Sc. / M.Eng. in a related discipline e.g. Electronics Engineering, Embedded System, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- Scopus-indexed publication records
- Intellectual property (patent) records
- Strong research experience and industrial experience and ability in 3D printing process/flow automation/industrialization/factory.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in: PCB design, electronics prototyping, troubleshooting of digital signals
- Experience in programming packages (e.g. ROS, Python, C++)
- Knowledge in 3D printer firmware
- Knowledge in computer aided design (e.g. FUSION 360)
- Good knowledge and experience in hardware of 3D printers, hardware-software communication protocol.
- Good command in manipulator kinematics, dynamics, teleoperation, haptics, control systems
- Skills in general modeling and simulation (e.g., System Dynamics, Agent-based modeling etc.)
- Knowledge and experience structure simulation, heat simulation, and industrial automation
- Basic knowledge in app development, web development
- Basic knowledge / research / industrial exposure in 3D printing process/flow automation
- Basic knowledge of structure simulation, heat simulation, and industrial automation
To apply, send your cover letter, CV with complete list of publications/patents, iii) at least three names of references with contact information in one PDF-document and optionally other documents to R&D Recruitment R&D.Recruitment@dewa.gov.ae Please include the Area and Position Code in the subject line of the email.
About the employer
DEWA is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offering a dynamic work environment, internationally competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Center is housed in a state-of-the-art laboratory facility located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.
Technical 3 D Artist, EPFL, Switzerland, 13 days ago
EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than ...
Eng D Student On Deep Learning To Detect Bitmap Artefacts, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 5 days ago
The Electronic Systems (ES) group within the Department of Electrical Engineering of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Canon Production Printing are seeking to hire an outstanding EngD...
Technical Demonstrator, Fab Lab Wgtn, Massey University, New Zealand, 7 days ago
School of Design College of Creative Arts Wellington CCA_SD_341_03/23 Professional Grade 5 52732 - 74509 College of Creative Arts Term length: ongoing Hours of work: part-time Position Overview Ap...
Eng D Student On Deep Learning To Detect Bitmap Artefacts, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Position Engineering Doctorate (EngD) Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.6407 Job description The Electronic Systems (ES) group within the Departme...
Technician Research And Education In Mechanical Engineering (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research...
Research Engineer In Robot Design, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 13 hours ago
Job description The division of Mechatronics and Embedded Control Systems is searching for a research engineer in the field of design, development, and evaluation of robotic setups for interdiscip...