31 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
Established Researcher (R3)
United Arab Emirates
- Application Deadline
29 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories “verticals” and “horizontals” which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to work on analyzing the way in which the presence of ion gradients alters the behavior of cells such as macrophages, or the ways in which proliferating cells divide. The project will make use of the Microfluidic Chip Shop Gradient Chip system to allow the culture of cells in salt gradients; we will investigate gradients in sodium, potassium, chloride and bromate. The aim of the project is to understand the degree to which the ionic microenvironment dictates cell behavior and the role this may play in developmental biology and cell guidance.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the CENTER NAME (URL) and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Experience cell culture and analysis in ion gradients
- Experience with microfluidic chips
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Bachelors from a reputable university in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of undertaking assigned research tasks and contributing to academic outputs
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Research Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
- Number of offers available
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- United Arab Emirates
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Where to apply
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Research Assistant, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Research Assistant Recruiter KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Location Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Posted 21 Sep 2023 End of advertisement period 21 Oct 2023 Ref 230000IL Academic Discipline Engineering & T...
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) Dr. Mohammad Qasaimeh, New York University, United States, 10 days ago
Details Posted: 19-Sep-23 Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Internal Number: 132441 The AMMLab laboratory in the Division of Engineering, New York University Abu D...
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering), Dr. Mohammad, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Description The AMMLab laboratory in the Division of Engineering, New York University Abu Dhabi, seeks to recruit a postdoctoral associate to work on developing microfluidic tools for biofilm co-c...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Medical Imaging Lab, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
About Khalifa University Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Department Of Chemistry, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
About Khalifa University Khalifa University is ranked 230st in the QS World University Rankings 2024, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to ...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
About Khalifa University Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to ...