10 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
United Arab Emirates
- Application Deadline
8 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career. As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- The potential candidate is expected to undertake specific research tasks to develop novel solutions to address the key challenges in the development, modeling and analysis of advanced wireless communications systems related to B5G and 6G wireless networks. This includes but not limited to generalized fading channels, diversity techniques, intelligent reflecting surfaces, and non-orthogonal multiple access, and multicarrier communications.
- The candidate must have solid background in probability theory and digital signal processing.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in Wireless Communications Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com )
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule: Regular Shift:
Standard Job Type: Full-time
- Number of offers available
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- United Arab Emirates
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Where to apply
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Engineering Electrical Engineering, Dr. Qurrat Ul Ain, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Description The Division of Engineering at New York University Abu Dhabi seeks to recruit two motivated Post-Doctoral Associates to work under the supervision of Prof. Qurrat-Ul-Ain Nadeem on the ...
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Social Science [Economics] Dr. Wifag Adnan, New York University, United States, 16 days ago
Details Posted: 18-Nov-23 Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Internal Number: 136801 We are inviting applications for a Post-Doctoral Associate in the Division of S...
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Social Science Economics, Dr. Wifag Adnan, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Description We are inviting applications for a Post-Doctoral Associate in the Division of Social Science at NYU Abu Dhabi from individuals who have or will soon receive a PhD in Economics. The app...
Research Assistant In The Division Of Social Science Economics, Dr. Morgan Hardy, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Description Dr. Morgan Hardy in the Division of Social Science, New York University Abu Dhabi NYUAD), seeks to recruit a research assistant to provide full-time research assistance, based in Abu D...
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Social Science Economics, Dr. Torsten Figueiredo Walter, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Description We are inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Associate in the Division of Social Science at NYU Abu Dhabi from individuals who have or will soon receive a PhD in one of the social s...
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Science Biology, Dr. Kirsten Sadler Edepli, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Description A post-doctoral associate position is available starting in Spring 2024 in the division of Sciences at New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD). The position will be based at NYU Abu Dhab...