Lecturer - Business Management (Teaching-focused) Dubai - Birmingham Business School - 97145 - Grade 8 - (210000H5)
Birmingham Business School
University of Birmingham, Dubai campus
Location: Dubai, UAE
Closing date: 22 April 2021
University of Birmingham Dubai
Having established ourselves in Dubai International Academic City in 2018 we are now moving to a new and exciting phase of our development with the opening of our new state-of-the-art campus in September 2021. This post represents an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious World Top 100 University as we continue to grow our long-term strategic mission in Dubai, the UAE and the wider region. Our campus reflects the very best of Birmingham through our presence in Dubai.
As a Lecturer, you will make a substantial contribution to the management, development and delivery of teaching and assessment, whilst enhancing the student experience and employability. Through excellent teaching you will inspire students, and be informed by discipline-based research as well as contribute to the management and administration in Dubai. We are looking for candidates with teaching experience in entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability.
In particular, you will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate modules in the Business Management programmme, particularly entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Deliver the UAE Ministry of Education compulsory module: ‘Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Sustainability’.
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects.
- Participate in delivering the Year in Industry module for undergraduate students and supervising students during their placements.
- Participate in the delivery of the postgraduate research methods module.
- Participate in various recruitment activities.
- You may be asked to deliver modules appropriate to your experience on our Singapore programme
• Normally, hold a higher Degree (usually PhD) in a relevant subject area or a closely related discipline or equivalent qualifications and/or experience.
• Be able to demonstrate extensive teaching experience and scholarship within subject specialism.
• Have extensive experience and be able to demonstrate success in developing appropriate approaches to learning and teaching and advising colleagues.
• Have the understanding and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes.
In return, you will receive a competitive package and be a key part of an expanding and ambitious University as we develop our international reputation and global footprint.
This is a full-time post, based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The University of Birmingham is an Athena Swan Bronze award holder and committed to providing a supportive work environment for our staff and providing equal opportunities in our recruitment process.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and will take flexible working option into consideration during the process.
Further details relating to this position as well as our developing Dubai Campus can be found at http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/dubai/work-with-us/index.aspx
For informal enquiries, please contact Dr Paul Lewis, Head of the Department of Management - email firstname.lastname@example.org (Birmingham) and Dr Mohamed Haffar, Senior Lecturer/Programme Director Business Management - email M.Haffar@bham.ac.uk (Dubai)
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community
Dubai International Academic City341799
: Academic Non-clinical
: Birmingham Business School
: 22.03.2021, 8:14:34 AM
Grade (for job description): Grade 8
Advert Close Date
: 22.04.2021, 6:59:00 PM
Assistant/Associate Professor International Business , University of Wollongong in Dubai ;, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
University of Wollongong in Dubai – Faculty of Business About the Faculty: The Faculty of Business is the largest faculty within the University of Wollongong in Dubai. The Faculty offers undergrad...
Enrollment Coordinator, Postgraduate Programs (South Asia), Hult, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Enrollment Coordinator, Postgraduate Programs(South Asia) Location: Dubai, UAE Level: Associate Department: Sales & Marketing The Opportunity As an Enrollment Coordinator for Hult Inter...
Student Enrollment Coordinator, Hult, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
About us Hult International Business School is the world’s global business school offering an accelerated MBA degree, a series of one-year Master degrees, an Executive MBA degree, a Bachelor degre...
Director Of Reward & Benefits, Coventry University, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Coventry University Group has undertaken an evolutionary transformation over recent years and we have achieved our success to date through the determination and professionalism of our people; inve...
Regional Head Of Strathclyde Executive Education & Development International (Gcc & Middle East) (369098) , University of Strathclyde ;, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Strathclyde Executive Education and Development (SEED) International Office seek to appoint a regional head, based in Dubai, to lead the next stage of our ambitious growth and to manage major proj...
German Speaking Associate Director Of Enrollment, Hult, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
The Opportunity You will join a highly motivated team of student recruitment specialists in Dusseldorf to identify, advise, and enroll qualified candidates who wish to attend our globally ranked u...