|Position ID:||MBZUAI -CV -DCCV [#17950]|
|Position Type:||Tenured/Tenure-track faculty|
|Position Location:||Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates [map ]|
|Subject Area:||Computer Science / Computer Vision|
|Appl Deadline:||(posted 2021/01/14, listed until 2021/07/14)|
· Develop the strategy of the Computer Vision Department in line with the Academic Affairs & Research Division’s strategy to ensure that the Computer Vision Department achieves the highest academic standards and supports the achievement of the University’s mission, vision and overall objectives.
· Develop policies, regulations and framework of the Computer Vision Department while ensuring the physical and human resources of the department are effectively deployed and to manage the finances of the department effectively.
· Stimulate and support excellence and integrity in teaching, learning, research and University service, and foster a climate that encourages faculty, staff and students to identify and pursue innovation in these activities
· Oversee the identification, recruitment and retention of qualified faculty and researchers.
· Lead the academic planning process of the Computer Vision Department by initiating discussions, defining priorities, and developing and articulating its vision
· Oversee the preparation of course schedules, teaching schedules and the assignment of course topics to faculty members
· Manage the Computer Vision Departments’ and faculty participation in specialized conferences and develop an annual agenda accordingly
· Initiate and oversee activities designed to improve teaching skills within the Computer Vision Department and ensure that teaching methods are aligned with international best practices
· Provide strategic leadership in the development of research activity to capitalize upon the expertise, interests and resources of the faculty and to ensure alignment with the University’s research strategy
· Instigate, build and maintain local and international partnership and collaborative relationships with academic institutions to support and enhance research initiatives, faculty capabilities and students learning and careers progression
· Play a proactive role in increasing funding support to the Computer Vision Department through government, industry and other funding sources and work collaboratively with academic, industry and public sector partners to further enhance the research profile of the Computer Vision Department, and expand and improve its infrastructure
· Promote the research activities of faculty members and ensure that their contributions to the success of the Computer Vision Department is known and celebrated within the University and the broader community
· Ensure cooperative integration among the research centers, support units, and academic units within and related to the Computer Vision Department.
· Continue to seek opportunities to develop and continue interdisciplinary research and teaching initiatives with other academic departments
· Ensure effective communication and engagement with students, faculty and staff members
· Build effective relationships, promote and advocate for the Computer Vision Department to a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including senior administration, academic departments and section heads, department coordinator, faculty and staff, students, alumni, professional associations, the media, community leaders, and educational and other key institutions, locally, nationally and internationally
· Encourage and lead research activities and academic learning in wide range of areas of computer vision, such as visual object tracking and recognition, 3D reconstruction, visual modeling, image and video understanding, video analytics and visual data mining, as well as other imaging modalities and processing
· Oversee any prototyping of hardware or software solutions for computer vision, graphics and virtual reality applications
· Form, chair or be part of academic and none-academic committees as required.
· Ensure continuous improvement across all services of Computer Vision Department.
Rif. 1044 Advanced Computer Technologies For Engineering, ALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna, Italy, 10 days ago
The research activity will refer to the following areas: Computer architectures, Databases; Parallel Computing and High Performance Systems (HPC); Data Science; Software engineering; Artificial in...
Uowd7900 Assistant/Associate Professor Electronics/Mechatronics/Computer Engineering, University of Wollongong Dubai, UAE, about 7 hours ago
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences, at the University of Wollongong in Dubai, is seeking applications from experienced academics in the area of Electronic/Mechatronics/Computer En...
Research Engineer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
Job Description The Semiconductor and Emerging Electronic Devices Exploration Research (SEEDER) Group is seeking highly self-motivated, driven and passionate research collaborator on our exciting ...
Proteolysis Targeting Chimeras (Prota Cs) To Treat Leishmaniasis, MIUR - Ministero Italiano Università e Ricerca, Italy, 18 days ago
Titles required: Degree in scientific subjects (D.M. 509/99 or D.M. 5 May 2004); PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Life Sciences and Structural Biology; knowledge of protein expression, purificatio...
Lecturer In Computer Systems, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We...
Researcher (R2), Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC), Spain, 17 days ago
Context And Mission The Memory systems team from the Computer Science Department at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center is offering a full-time researcher position. The researcher will work ...