Campus Operations Assistant (Dubai) - Professional Services - 80232D - Band 500 - (200000PC)
Role: Campus Operations Assistant – Dubai
College / Department: Professional Services, Dubai Operations
Location: Dubai, UAE
Full time / Part time: Full time
Duration of post: Fixed term contract for 3 years
Working Pattern: Evenings and weekends in compliance with UAE labour law
Closing Date: 13 February 2020
Terms and Conditions: Administrative and other Related (Dubai local contract)
The University of Birmingham Dubai exemplifies the qualities and values we have championed for more than a century. People are at the heart of what we are and do. We collaborate with partners across the world to create ground-breaking research, deliver innovative teaching and create opportunities for staff and students to gain international experience. There has never been a more exciting time to become a part of the University of Birmingham and to join our mission to deliver a world-class British university education in the global city and international hub of Dubai.
Based in Dubai, this is a unique opportunity for an experienced individual to assist in the development and implementation of the range of student and academic systems at the University of Birmingham’s Branch campus in Dubai. Reporting to the Campus Operations Officer, the post-holder will be working in collaboration with Professional Services at the University of Birmingham. As a member of the Professional Services team, the post-holder will support and assist the Academic staff in the provision of a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes to be delivered by Business School, School of Computer Science, School of Education and the Department of Mechanical Engineering in the first instance. This post is part of the overall Professional Services team which is led by the Campus Director.
The approach to the role and hours of work will be flexible and as required to meet demands that can have a changeable pattern across the year. The working week in Dubai is from Sunday to Thursday, and in the UK is Monday to Friday, so a flexible approach is essential to this role to cover evenings and weekends as when there is business need.
During Phase 1 of the campus development, all Professional Services team members will undertake a range of duties to help the campus become established. The following are indicative responsibilities and it is expected that all professional services staff will have the appropriate level of administration and customer service experience, preferably in a higher education setting or be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the requirements the role.
• Working closely with the Dubai campus team, the Campus Operations Assistant will be the initial point of contact for visitors, students and staff. Providing a reception service, an information and enquiry service as well as providing general administration, recruitment and customer service support.
• To handle initial student recruitment enquiries direct to the campus in Dubai, provide information and route the enquiries promptly and accurately for follow up.
• To answer incoming enquiries in a professional manner and provide information and guidance where necessary to students, visitors and staff. It is expected that the role holder will initially assess all presenting queries and ensure that the relevant person and/or team are made aware of more specialised and/or less common queries.
• Team members will be required to work collaboratively with Professional Services teams based in Birmingham in the UK to ensure the effective delivery of the student and staff administration and support services.
• To ensure that the campus building reception is appropriately covered, and to alert the Campus Operations Officer should there be any issues.
• To receive and securely store goods/items/post that are delivered to the reception and ensure timely distribution to the named recipient(s).
• To provide support and assist the Campus Operations Officer in building operations related tasks and duties
• To support visits to the Campus from internal or external stakeholders, including for example, open days, guest lectures, employer engagement events, academic conferences.
• To provide professional administrative and secretarial support and respond to a wide range of enquiries on topics including working with AXS on the provision of student and staff visas, student registration, student records as well as student funding, scholarships, assessments and exams, library services and careers guidance resources.
• To assist the Campus Operations Officer in a range of government, academic, finance, HR, IT, planning, estates, commercial and alumni administration processes.
• To assist in all areas related to Immigration including obtaining and renew all visas, Work Permits, Residence, Civil ID’s, Driving Licences for the business or personal visitors, students, employees and their families. Ensure compliance with the immigration requirements including visa monitoring.
• Provide timely reports to the Campus Director and Campus Operations Officer in Dubai and the international recruitment and immigration team based in the UK
• To undertake any other duties that might reasonably be required by the Campus Director or Campus Operations Officer nominee and to perform such duties consistent with the role and grade as may from time to time be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
• Good standard of education including GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English.
• Previous administration or related experience with companies based in Dubai Knowledge Park or Dubai International Academic City or similar Free Zone clusters
• Experience in the Higher Education sector is desirable
• Computer literacy, including experience of electronic communications as well as Word processing, database and spreadsheet packages
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with confidence, clarity and discretion to communicate at all levels
• Excellent customer care skills and a friendly, outgoing manner and an ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing team environment
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent organisational abilities to manage a demanding workload
• Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively, progress tasks concurrently and work to deadlines
• Demonstrable ability to deliver effective, high-quality client focused and customer-orientated services
• Experience of working in a busy reception and dealing with a diverse range of people is essential as is positive, flexible, enthusiastic and pleasant manner
• Demonstrable ability to work as an effective team member
• Ability to be culturally fluent working with people from around the world
• Flexibility regarding working schedule including weekends and evening shifts
In return, you will receive a competitive package and be a key part of expanding and ambitious University as we develop our international reputation and global footprint.
Please note the job is located in Dubai (UAE) and will require working on evenings and weekends in compliance with the UAE labour law.
The University of Birmingham is an Athena Swan Bronze award holder and committed to providing a supportive work environment for our staff and providing equal opportunities in our recruitment process. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and will take flexible working option into consideration during the process.
Further details relating to this position as well as our developing Dubai Campus can be found at http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/dubai/work-with-us/index.aspx
Please register and submit your application through our careers website, as we do not accept unsolicited resumes sent via email.
The University of Birmingham is an equal opportunity employer.
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment
We value diversity at The University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community
Dubai International Academic City341799
: The University of Birmingham
: 30.01.2020, 6:57:49 AM
Grade (for job description): Band 500
Stakeholder, Research And Enterprise Comms & Engagement Officer Dubai , Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Vacancy title Stakeholder, Research and Enterprise Comms & Engagement Officer - Dubai Job ref IRC26186 Closing date 12 Mar 2020 23:00 (UK time) Salary Competitive local package offered Location Du...
Global Engagement Officer , University of Bradford ;, United Arab Emirates, 4 days ago
Contract Type: Fixed term for 2 years. Interview Date: Monday 06 April 2020 An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the University Of Bradford Directorate Of External Affairs as a Global Engage...
Crm Officer (Campaigns) , Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Vacancy title CRM Officer (Campaigns) Job ref IRC25604 Closing date 19 Mar 2020 23:00 (UK time) Salary Competitive local package offered Location Dubai Department Marketing, Recruitment, Admission...
Assistant Professor Marketing , University of Wollongong in Dubai ;, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
University of Wollongong in Dubai – Faculty of Business About the Faculty: UOWD is seeking applications from candidates to fill the position of a full-time Assistant or Associate Professor in Mark...
Assistant Professor In Physics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Description The University Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. With approximately ...
Assistant Professor Interaction And Graphic Design For Media Arts , University of Wollongong in Dubai ;, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
University of Wollongong in Dubai – School of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Health (SHSSH) Vacancy Information About UOWD: The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) is one of the UAE's oldes...