The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) is one of the region’s oldest, most prestigious and forward-thinking tertiary institutions. Our curriculum and teaching practices reflect those of UOW Australia, which constantly ranks among the top 2% of universities worldwide, and are nationally and internationally recognized.
UOWD is truly a dynamic and diverse institution that offers a broad spectrum of programs in Business, Engineering, Information Sciences as well as Arts and Humanities.
Our faculty consists of highly respected academics from across the globe who bring with them extensive teaching, research, and industry experience. UOWD’s faculty are active researchers and focused on producing outstanding research with outcomes that will benefit the community on a regional and international level.
UOWD is located in the heart of Dubai, UAE’s biggest and fastest-growing business capital.
UOWD is seeking applications from candidates to fill the position of Policy and Governance Administrator on a one-year casual contract.
The Policy and Governance Administrator reports to the Planning, Governance & Transformation Executive is responsible for supporting the academic governance of UOWD and supporting the facilitation of an effective policy framework for the University.
To support effective academic decision making for the University, this position supports the local administration of all elements of academic governance structure including the policy directory, committee support and ensuring effective communication of information to stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Maintain effective policy reviews which ensure that all policies on the directory remain current, accurate and consistent with delegations
- Supports the University Committees with facilitation of good governance
- Liaising with key University personnel to prepare Committee agendas and coordinate contributions
- Understanding and facilitating adherence to the terms of reference of University committees and facilitating reviews and amendments as required
- Facilitate meetings, recording discussions and outcomes of meetings and preparing minutes
- Taking follow up action to ensure committee decisions are communicated and implemented
- Providing/arranging assistance to committee chairs as required
- Providing committee inductions to new members as required
- Participating in University events, graduation, and interacting with the alumni.
- Evaluate practices and principles of equal opportunities
- Supports the university’s research and teaching excellence awards in conjunction with the appropriate committees
- Ensure health and safety policy is under control.
- Undergraduate Degree qualification in a relevant discipline
- Excellent Communication Skill
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise judgement
- Demonstrated ability to take minutes, meeting notes and prepare reports
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of databases
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Demonstrated knowledge of governance within a Tertiary education organisation
- Demonstrated understanding of accreditation and quality assurance processes
- Experience in liaising with a diverse range of stakeholder’ groups to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience in policy development and implementation
- Experience in the design of efficient and effective processes
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- A commitment to Values of Passion, Courage, Integrity, Exceptional, Collaboration and Creativity
*NOC No Objection Certificate from your sponsor.
The monthly salary will be 8,000 to 10,000 AED.
Graduate Services Advisor, University of Alberta, Canada, 8 days ago
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Reporting to the Assistant Chair (Administration), the Graduate Services Advisor works clos...
Assistant Research Officer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY ASSISTANT RESEARCH OFFICER POST LEVEL 9 (25 HOURS PER WEEK) In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invi...
Document Control Officer, University of Toronto, Canada, 18 days ago
E-Discovery & Analytics Unit, Enforcement Branch 2 Permanent, Full-time positions available File #19-64 The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is the statutory body responsible for regulating Ont...
Educational Programs Lead, University of Alberta, Canada, 8 days ago
PH School of Public Health Competition No. - S109140535 Posting Date - Nov 22, 2019 Closing Date - Nov 29, 2019 Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded Salary Range - $58,...
Director Of Translation And Interpreting Studies, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human ...
Arecibo Hr Business Partner, University of Central Florida, United States, about 14 hours ago
This position is responsible for the coordination and evaluation of human resource functions within the UCF Arecibo Observatory location; including talent management, benefits, compensation, compl...