What you’ll bring to the role:
• Medical degree. Board Certified Pulmonologist preferred otherwise relevant training and experience
• Business-level English (oral and written)
- PhD-level basic science relevant to Respiratory diseases supported with high quality publications. A completed postdoctoral fellowship is strongly preferred
- Experienced Clinician treating relevant patient groups at an academic medical center or private medical practice group
- Experience performing a similar role within an Pharmaceutical research company is preferred, otherwise a Clinical Research Organization or academic medical center
- Significant evidence of successful collaboration with expert disease research scientists
- Used to leading complex cross-functional/matrix project teams
- Advanced/business-level/fluent English
Your behavioural characteristics
- Strategic thinker: you have created major innovations, networked with and influenced external medical leaders with your clear and logical presentation of complex strategic issues
- Results-driven self-starter and decision taker
- Strong cooperative team player, flexible in a changing environment
- Good planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills
- Resilient, energetic and enthusiastic; responding constructively to challenging new ideas and input
ABOUT TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE
Translational Medicine is a global group of scientists and Physicians working at the pre-clinical and early clinical stage of drug discovery.
Our Physician-Scientist Discovery & Profiling group drives innovative and cutting–edge science from Discovery to the market through the selection, profiling and effective global development of successful medicines. The group closes the gap between preclinical research and clinical development and integrates clinical science into the discovery and preclinical development phase. Our Translational Medicine concepts are driven by medical needs of the patient and the concept of personalized medicine, tailoring the drug, its dose and dosing regimen in such way to the patient that the clinical response is optimal in terms of efficacy and safety.
We focus from identification of drug targets (molecular pathways relevant to disease) up to the completion of Proof of Concept (Phase IIa studies). Our Translational Medicine Experts are part of preclinical project teams in all drug discovery phases and help design the pathway for First in Human studies (healthy volunteer) that bridge to studies in the patient population. They have the comprehensive responsibility for designing and executing the early clinical drug development phase together with a project team from researcher, biomarkers, biostatistics, modeling and simulation, toxicology, technical experts and the clinical trial teams.
After the completion of a successful Phase IIa study the drug progresses to full Development for Phase IIb and Phase III study design and further drug development. Translational Medicine Experts with an interest in profiling will often continue as members of the global project team to characterize the clinical pharmacology, the mode of action, the biomarker response of a compound, look for new potential indications, contribute to the drug approval process and profile a new compound further in the market.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Computational Medicinal Chemist, Acellera, Spain, 30 days ago
Acellera, a leader in computational chemistry software and services for drug design, is looking for outstanding individuals to join the drug discovery group in Barcelona and contribute to drug dis...
Computational Biologist/Bioinformatician, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 7 hours ago
National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, Bethesda, MD and surrounding area Position Description: The NCATS Therapeutics Development Branch (TDB) seeks a self-motivated, collaborative ...
Novel Ido1 Inhibitors At The Forefront Of Cancer Immunotherapy: From Compound Scrrening To..., Università degli studi di Perugia - Dipartimento di MEDICINA SPERIMENTALE, Italy, 21 days ago
Research Coordinator, Oec µneuro Consortium, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 8 hours ago
The University of Antwerp is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy (f/m) as Research coordinator for the OEC µNEURO Consortium Background info Neuropathological research is an interdisciplinary fiel...
AsSistAnt ProFessor / AsSoCiAte ProFessor / ProFessor In PharMaCoLogy And Drug DeVelOpMent (FinPharma), University of Helsinki, Belgium, about 13 hours ago
The University of Helsinki is an international scientific community of 40,000 students and researchers. It is one of the leading multidisciplinary research universities in Europe and ranks among t...
Design Of Innovative Bioactive Compound Delivery Systems For Food Applications, Università degli Studi di Udine, Italy, 11 days ago