What you’ll bring to the role:
• Medical degree. Board Certified Pulmonologist preferred otherwise relevant training and experience
• Business-level English (oral and written)
- PhD-level basic science relevant to Respiratory diseases supported with high quality publications. A completed postdoctoral fellowship is strongly preferred
- Experienced Clinician treating relevant patient groups at an academic medical center or private medical practice group
- Experience performing a similar role within an Pharmaceutical research company is preferred, otherwise a Clinical Research Organization or academic medical center
- Significant evidence of successful collaboration with expert disease research scientists
- Used to leading complex cross-functional/matrix project teams
- Advanced/business-level/fluent English
Your behavioural characteristics
- Strategic thinker: you have created major innovations, networked with and influenced external medical leaders with your clear and logical presentation of complex strategic issues
- Results-driven self-starter and decision taker
- Strong cooperative team player, flexible in a changing environment
- Good planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills
- Resilient, energetic and enthusiastic; responding constructively to challenging new ideas and input
ABOUT TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE
Translational Medicine is a global group of scientists and Physicians working at the pre-clinical and early clinical stage of drug discovery.
Our Physician-Scientist Discovery & Profiling group drives innovative and cutting–edge science from Discovery to the market through the selection, profiling and effective global development of successful medicines. The group closes the gap between preclinical research and clinical development and integrates clinical science into the discovery and preclinical development phase. Our Translational Medicine concepts are driven by medical needs of the patient and the concept of personalized medicine, tailoring the drug, its dose and dosing regimen in such way to the patient that the clinical response is optimal in terms of efficacy and safety.
We focus from identification of drug targets (molecular pathways relevant to disease) up to the completion of Proof of Concept (Phase IIa studies). Our Translational Medicine Experts are part of preclinical project teams in all drug discovery phases and help design the pathway for First in Human studies (healthy volunteer) that bridge to studies in the patient population. They have the comprehensive responsibility for designing and executing the early clinical drug development phase together with a project team from researcher, biomarkers, biostatistics, modeling and simulation, toxicology, technical experts and the clinical trial teams.
After the completion of a successful Phase IIa study the drug progresses to full Development for Phase IIb and Phase III study design and further drug development. Translational Medicine Experts with an interest in profiling will often continue as members of the global project team to characterize the clinical pharmacology, the mode of action, the biomarker response of a compound, look for new potential indications, contribute to the drug approval process and profile a new compound further in the market.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Principal Investigator The Head Of Preclinical Biomaterial Evaluation Group, Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis, Latvia, 4 days ago
Development Of Biological Drugs And Innovative In Vitro Systems For Preclinical Investigations, Università degli Studi di Catania, Italy, 14 days ago
The project aims to develop complementary or alternative systems to preclinical experimentation in vivo, both to reduce the high costs and the overall time necessary for the identification and stu...
Principal Scientist, Lundbeck, Denmark, 14 days ago
Principal Scientist Lundbeck Copenhagen, Denmark Senior/Principal Scientist within biotransformation/metabolism – Translational DMPK Description We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic ...
Expert Scientist Drug Discovery, VIB, Belgium, about 3 hours ago
Description VIB is life science research institute in Flanders, Belgium, counting more than 1500 scientists. VIB has a long-standing history of translating scientific breakthroughs into impactful ...
Development Of Pro Senescence And Senolytic Compounds For Prostate Cancer Therapy., Universita' degli Studi di Padova, Dipartimento di Medicina -DIMED, Italy, 14 days ago
Mechanical Engineering Intern (M/F), ETH, Switzerland, about 5 hours ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: Job 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Technic & Engineering Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerl...