The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of 16,000 people, including over 10,000 students and 3,500 researchers from 120 different countries.
Your mission :
In this role, you manage the enable program of the Technology Transfer Office (TTO) to accelerate and de-risk EPFL technologies to foster commercialization.
By providing funds and expertise for proof-of-concepts, this acceleration program invests in tomorrow’s technology and support creative innovators to move inventions from the lab to the market. You are in charge to grow the program through internal and external promotion.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Manage the technology acceleration program - enable, including its administrative and financial aspects
- Encourage acceleration and technology de-risking in view of commercialization
- Evaluate applications for proof of concept (PoC) to be funded, in coordination with the technology transfer managers of TTO, in view of technology licensing
- Select, monitor and track PoC projects toward successful execution and delivery
- Advise and provide expertise to researchers about technology acceleration concepts and prospects (technology readiness level, roadmap, road-blocks, IP, market positioning, access to public and private funding sources, etc.)
- Create opportunities and develop the program with calls for applications, showcases of technologies, organize PoC events
- Promote the acceleration program with researchers and potential external funding bodies
- Develop collaborations with other translational and advanced technology organizations, to leverage expertise and funds in acceleration and de-risking
Your profile :
- MSc or PhD degree in engineering or sciences, additional business degree a plus
- Proven industrial and research experience, minimum 5 years
- Confirmed experience in new product development in high-tech companies
- Demonstrated skills in technology assessment and project management, including financial aspects
- Additional experience in intellectual property and university technology licensing a plus
- Oral and written fluency in English required, French desirable
- Passion and understanding of scientific research, encompassing the diverse domains of EPFL, strong interest for contact with researchers and technology transfer are a necessary basis
- Very good communication and presentation skills
We offer :
- Multicultural and stimulating professional environment
- Pleasant atmosphere and working environment
- Attractive hiring conditions
- Possibility of continuous training and development according to the requirements of the function
Start date :
As soon as possible
Term of employment :
Work rate :
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered.
Faculty Position In Soil System Science, EPFL | École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, 24 days ago
The EPFL School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering (ENAC) invites applications for a faculty position in its Institute of Environmental Engineering (IIE) at the tenure track leve...
Physicist / Engineer, ETH, Switzerland, 14 days ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: Job 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Public Administration / Associations / NGO Functional Area Physics Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 as agr...
Faculty Position In Sustainable Materials, ETH, Switzerland, 21 days ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: Job 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Academic Research / Teaching Other Salary CHF 0 / Entry date April 30, 2...
Faculty Position In Sustainable Materials , Ecole polytechnique federale de Lausanne - EPFL ;, Switzerland, 3 days ago
The School of Engineering at EPFL invites applications for an industry sponsored tenure track assistant professor position in Sustainable Materials within its Institute of Materials. We seek excep...
Technology Transfer Officer (Tto), Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Technology Transfer Officer (TTO) Job Summary As member of the Office of Research, the Technology Transfer Officer (TTO) promotes university- wide innovation relationships and entrepreneurship for...
Professor Mechanical Engineering, Haptics & Virtual Reality, KU Leuven, Belgium, 20 days ago
KU Leuven has a full-time vacancy for academic staff (professor) in Mechanical Engineering at the Technology Cluster Mechanical Engineering Technology, Group T Leuven Campus. The topic of the vaca...