EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of more than 16,000 people, including over 12,000 students and 4,000 researchers from more than 120 different countries.
Your mission :
The Center of PhenoGenomics (CPG) of the School of Life Sciences at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is seeking for a full-time Team Leader for its washing unit which is part of the multi-user EPFL animal facilities.
The animal facilities are dedicated to EPFL researchers and potential external collaborators working with rodents and / or aquatic animal models for their research projects.
As the washing unit team leader, your main missions are (i) to manage the flow of equipment entering the facilities according to the sanitary requirements and (ii) to participate in and organize the work of the team. The successful applicant will work under the direct supervision of the head of the animal husbandry activities.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Management of a team of about 9 collaborators: organization and supervision of the daily work;
- Daily participation in the washing area team work (50-80%);
- Supervision of the washing team personnel;
- Supervision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) application;
- Supervision of the proper use of the washing machines;
- Daily interactions with the technical support responsible of the CPG and the other teams of the CPG.
Your profile :
- Successful experience of people management (5 years minimum);
- Experience of work in life sciences, health institutions, or in pharmaceutical / food industry;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and logistics skills;
- Familiar with the use of office software;
- Diploma equivalent to the Swiss Brevet Fédéral or Diplôme Fédéral;
- French mandatory;
- English B1 level mandatory, German would be a plus;
- Experience of work in an animal facility would be an asset.
We offer :
- We offer a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- EPFL offers internationally competitive salary and benefits along with opportunities for professional training.
- EPFL is an equal-opportunity employer. It is committed in increasing the diversity of its employees. It strongly encourages women to apply.
Start date :
Position immediately available
Term of employment :
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered. Files sent by agencies without a mandate will not be taken into account.
Job Nb 2959
Animal Technician, Arizona State University, United States, 7 days ago
95519BR Campus: Tempe Animal Technician Job Description Arizona State University and The Department of Animal Care and Technologies is looking to hire a Animal Technician. The Animal Technician ro...
Animal Care Technician I, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 6 days ago
Animal Care Technician I Med-Neurobiology - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23006669) Provides animal care to laboratory animals, including feeding, watering, enrichment, health observations and basic ...
Animal Care Technician (Trainee / I / Ii / Iii) Division Of Animal Resources (Dar), Emory University, United States, 25 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contr...
Secondary Ice Production In Mixed Phase Clouds As Seen From Radar, EPFL, Switzerland, 18 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company EPFL Department ENAC-IIE Research Field Environmental science » Other Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Switzerland Application ...
Lecturer In Animal Husbandry And Health, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Veterinary Sciences Location: Guildford Salary: £28,819 to £35,410 per annum pro rata (0.8 FTE) (Plus 10% Veterinary Market Allowance if applicable) Fixed Term (- 17/01/25) Post Type: Part Time Cl...
Animal Care Assistant Supervisor, Harvard University, United States, about 9 hours ago
26-Sep-2023 Harvard Medical School 63660BR Position Description The Animal Care Assistant Supervisor will ensure that assigned Harvard Center for Comparative Medicine (HCCM) facilities and personn...