Student Assistant in the field of Digital Media
As a part of the Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences (GESS) of ETH Zurich, the Professorship of Computational Social Science (COSS) focuses on connecting social science questions with computational methods. The research focus has quickly moved from studying pedestrian crowds and vehicle traffic to social coordination, cooperation, norms, crime and conflict as well as collective opinion formation and the wisdom of crowds. The analysis of (big) data, cultural science, the creation of self-organizing systems, innovation, the digital society, and combining Blockchain with the Internet of Things (“Finance 4.0”) are our most recent subjects of interest.
We, the Professorship of Computational Social Science, are looking for a committed and perfectionistic student assistant in the Greater Zurich Area, who would support us on a ca. 20% occupancy basis in Web content management, social media presence, small graphic design tasks, video cutting, and other administrative work such as organizing and running workshops. The salary is about 28 CHF per hour.
- Archiving materials
- Regularly updating the website of the Professorship (www.coss.ethz.ch ) with media responses, talks, courses, etc. (using a user-friendly Content Management System from Adobe)
- Cutting and basic editing of videos and uploading them on YouTube
- Posting content on ResearchGate, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Blogspot etc.
- Supporting communication activities
- Helping with the organisation of events such as workshops, hackathons, etc.
- Searching for Creative Commons photos and videos for presentations, adding captions
- Creating graphic design such as posters for events
- Producing illustrations/visualisations (logos, book covers etc.)
- Updating lists of research publications (using Google Scholar, ETH Research Collection…)
- Other administrative support
ETH Zurich is a family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions. You can look forward to an exciting working environment, cultural diversity and attractive offers and benefits.
- Student at ETH Zurich or University of Zurich
- Experience with social media administration
- Experience with web content management (foremost WordPress)
- Experiences with Adobe Illustrator/InDesign or alternative editors needed
- Advanced use of MS Office required
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
- Ideally, but not strictly required: advanced computer skills for process automation
- Highly organized, showing attention to detail and capable of prioritizing high volumes of tasks
- Confidentiality, reliability and loyalty
About ETH Zürich
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in
science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education,
cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge
into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our
university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an
environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe,
yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to
develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.
Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents by July 17th 2022:
- Cover letter
- Exam documents
- Letters of support
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
The possible contract will start around August 1, 2022.
Further information about COSS can be found on our website www.coss.ethz.ch . Questions about the position should be directed to our office manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (no application documents).
Professorship For Pediatric Neurology , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 2 days ago
UniversitätsKinderspital Professorship for Pediatric Neurology The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zurich invites applications for the following ac-ademic position (start date August 1st, ...
Professorship Of Paraplegiology , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 2 days ago
Spinal Cord Injury Center Professorship of Paraplegiology 100 % The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zurich invites applications for a Professorship of Paraplegiology starting on August 1, ...
Tenure Track Assistant Professorship / Snsf Professorial Fellowship Or Snf Starting Grant , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Department of Molecular Life Sciences Tenure-track Assistant Professorship / SNSF Professorial Fellowship or SNF Starting Grant 100 % The Department of Molecular Life Sciences (MLS) at the Universi...
Two Senior Research And Teaching Associate / Postdoc Positions , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 2 days ago
IKMZ – Department of Communication and Media Research; Media & Internet Governance Division (Prof. Dr. Natascha Just) Two Senior Research and Teaching Associate / Postdoc Positions 80 % per positio...
Ph.D. Student In Work & Organisational Psychology , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Department of Psychology Ph.D. Student in Work & Organisational Psychology 60 % The Professorship of Applied Team Science (ATS) at the University of Zurich's Department of Psychology invites applic...
Doctoral Position In Snsf Project , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 2 days ago
IKMZ – Department of Communication and Media Research; Media & Internet Governance Division (Prof. Dr. Natascha Just) Doctoral Position in SNSF-Project 60 % The Media & Internet Governance Division...