In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Wyss Zurich is a joint accelerator of the ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich, which was made possible by a generous donation from the Swiss entrepreneur and philanthropist Dr. hc. mult. Hansjörg Wyss. The mission of Wyss Zurich is to drive the clinical translation and technology transfer of outstanding scientific discoveries into new therapies for patients and breakthrough innovations in the emerging fields of Regenerative Medicine and Robotics, and to promote hybrid technologies in these fields. Wyss Zurich brings together some of the world’s leading experts to form multidisciplinary teams, pooling their knowledge and expertise. For further information: www.wysszurich.uzh.ch .
Liver4Life develops novel therapeutic strategies for liver regeneration consisting of:
- Surgical resection of a small healthy piece of the liver from the patient
- Growth of this piece outside of the body in a perfusion machine until a sufficient size is reached
- Retransplantation of the regenerated liver to the original patient while removing the remaining diseased part. Current perfusion systems are not able to keep a liver alive outside of the body for a sufficient time (5-7 days) to allow growth and regeneration to occur.
With our developed perfusion devices, we are able to preserve a liver outside of the body for up to 7 days prior to transplantation. The perfusion device is fully automated and supplies the liver with nutrients, drugs, hormones and oxygen. The next step in the project is a clinical study as final proof of the preservation technology. To this end, the perfusion device needs to qualify for use in a clinical study. Safety and performance of the device has to be shown with respect to all applicable regulations and norms.
To bring our prototypes to the next level we are looking for a Software Engineer Medical Device Expert. In your role in our dynamic team, you will fulfill the following tasks:
- Contribute to the software development of the perfusion device
- Maintain existing Matlab/Simulink code base and understand code swiftly to a level where you can apply changes to the software and associated electronics
- Develop embedded software to integrate and control relevant machine components
- Design & implement control algorithms for the control of device functions
- Integrate hardware components into existing perfusion system
- Contribute to concept, prototype and product development in an interdisciplinary environment
- Collaborate with regulatory and quality experts
- Participate in perfusion runs
- MSc in Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Process Engineering
- Experience with embedded software development in Matlab/Simulink and C
- Deep understanding of control systems
- Experience in medical software development is an advantage, including familiarity with key standards, e.g. IEC 62304, ISO 14971 and ISO 13485
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary work and willingness to dive into new topics and understand medical requirements
- Passionate about best practice software development practices and technologies
- Good interpersonal skills, teamwork, multi-cultural compatibility
- Fluency in English; German is a plus
- Flexibility, motivated and self-driven attitude
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
Assistant Professor Of Membrane And Lipid Biology / Assistant Professor Of Soft Matter Biology (# Of Pos: 2), ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 22 days ago
The Department of Biology (www.biol.ethz.ch ) at ETH Zurich invites applications for two Assistant Professorships at the Institute of Biochemistry (www.bc.biol.ethz.ch ) in 1) Membrane and Lipid B...
Scientific Assistant In The “Pl Ant Characterization Unit For Closed Life Support System –..., ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 2 days ago
Scientific assistant in the “PlAnt Characterization unit for closed life support system – engineering, MANufacturing & testing phase 2” (acronym PACMAN2) project of the European Space Agency The G...
Lecturer In Chemical Engineering, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 4 days ago
Lecturer in Chemical Engineering We seek to appoint a lecturer on reaction engineering and catalysis to teach undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The primary responsibility will be to contribut...
Experimental Biochemist, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 16 days ago
Experimental Biochemist The Ban Laboratory at ETH Zurich, Institute of Molecular Biology & Biophysics, Department of Biology, Switzerland, is hiring an experimental biochemist with a Master’s or a...
Mechanical Engineer, Empa, Switzerland, 12 days ago
Empa - the place where innovation starts Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and th...
Project Manager Bio Entrepreneurship & Innovation Uzh Incubator Lab , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 19 hours ago
Institute for Regenerative Medicine · IREM Project Manager BioEntrepreneurship & Innovation UZH IncubatorLab 80% Unique opportunity: facilitate life scientists' journey towards successful translati...