In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
100%, Zurich, fixed-term
Our research group in the field of Information Management headed by Professor Dr Elgar Fleisch conducts research on artificial intelligence. For a project in the area of Artificial Intelligence for Businesses thegroup is looking for a Software Engineer.
Machine learning based automation of information extraction from business relevant documents is a fast-growing market. Many administrative processes in companies still begin with manually copy-pasting information from documents into computer systems.
BLP Digital AG is an ETH Spin-off company from our chair and industry leader in the field of information extraction from documents. BLP automates repetitive back office taskswith Artificial Intelligence. That means no more manually processing of incoming invoices, delivery notes, or purchase orders.
For a joint projectto further develop the extraction technology to apply it to other document types we are looking for exceptional engineers who are driven to design and implement a sophisticated large-scale data management platform.
You will work in close collaboration with leading Swiss and European companies with high volumes of data and diverse problems. The tasks are diverse and non-repetitive, building a new and innovative system using state of the art concepts and infrastructure. In addition, you will be closely working with the BLP team and discuss machine learning, data pipelines, deployment and many more topics with experts and talents working at university, in industry, and in other start-up ventures.
We offer a competitive salary in accordance with ETH standards and an interesting research and development agenda. Our research is driven by the strong desire to develop artificial intelligence for management in businesses, public organizations or healthcare. For this purpose, we draw upon recent advances in artificial intelligence and statistical modeling in order to gain deep insights. The close collaboration with our spin-off company offers the unique chance of applying research in practice.
- Build a large-scale data management platform
- Design and implement an efficient and scalable backend in Go, which is able to handle large amounts of data
- Build a customer-facing REST-API
- Closely interact with BLP’s frontend engineers
- BA/BS in computer science or a related technical field
- You have at least 2 years working experience, or have worked at least on one big project within a team
- Solid competence in software engineering with a common programming language such as C++, Golang, Java, or similar
- You have very good knowledge of Git, Docker and CI/CD
- You appreciate testing
- Solid competence in SQL
- You are naturally curious, happy to explore and learn new things
- Interest in collaborating with a fast growing spin-off, hands-on mentality, stress resistance and passion to solve big challenges in a simple way
- Fluency in English
- MA/MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field
- Working experience in startup environment
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with redis, rabbitmq, Grafana
- You gained experience with deploying software on cloud infrastructure like such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- You appreciate great user experience as much as awesome tech and software architecture
- Expert knowledge in data processing and database design
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
Data Science Engineer, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 19 days ago
Data Science Engineer The Swiss Data Science Center (SDSC, datascience.ch ) is a national center between EPFL and ETH Zurich, whose mission is to accelerate the use of data science and machine lea...
Science Communicator For Exhibiting Single Atoms To The Public, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 26 days ago
The Trapped Ion Quantum Information (TIQI) group in D-PHYS at ETH Zurich experimentally investigates the role of information in quantum mechanics, with the long-term goal of realizing large-scale...
Professor Of Alpine Mass Movements, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 29 days ago
The Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering (www.baug.ethz.ch ) at ETH Zurich and the Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL (www.wsl.ch ) invite applications for the above-menti...
Professor Of Alpine Mass Movements , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Professor of Alpine Mass Movements The Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering (www.baug.ethz.ch ) at ETH Zurich and the Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL (www.wsl.ch ) invi...
Professor Of Alpine Mass Movements, ETH Zurich - The Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
Professor of Alpine Mass Movements → The Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering (www.baug.ethz.ch) at ETH Zurich and the Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL (www.wsl.ch) invi...
Program Officer Working On Religion And Mediation, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 22 days ago
The Center for Security Studies (CSS) at ETH Zurich is a center of competence for Swiss and international security policy. It offers security policy expertise in research, teaching, and consultanc...