The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of 16,000 people, including over 10,000 students and 3,500 researchers from 120 different countries.
Your mission :
The Photovoltaics and Thin Film Electronics Laboratory of EPFL is a world-leading laboratory dedicated to solar cell research. PVLAB activities range from the deposition and characterisation of thin films, their incorporation in high efficiency devices (silicon heterojunction solar cells, silicon cells based on high temperature passivating contacts, perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells, detectors), the encapsulation of solar cells to form modules to grid integration aspects of photovoltaics.
The candidate will join the “Perovskite Cells for Tandem Applications” team, a key player in the field of perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells research. Her/his tasks will be to contribute to the development of perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells yielding high efficiencies. She/he should advance the lab expertise by bringing her/his own innovative ideas, experience and motivation.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Deposition of thin film layers in gloveboxes using various techniques (thermal evaporation, sputtering, atomic layer deposition, spin coating),
- Fabrication of perovskite top cells incorporated in high-efficiency perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells,
- Identification of performance-loss mechanisms in tandem devices using various optoelectronic characterisation methods, including advanced spectroscopic methods,
- Coordination of research activities with other PVLAB partners,
- Supervision of undergraduate student projects and junior members of the lab.
Your profile :
- PhD degree in Physics or Material Sciences,
- Expertise in the fabrication and characterisation of high-efficiency perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells, with deep understanding of device physics aspects,
- Hands-on experience in vapour-based deposition routes of metal halide perovskites,
- Expertise in the optoelectronic characterisation of solar cells and their simulation,
- Expertise in electro-optic spectroscopic characterisation of perovskite-based devices,
- Hands-on experience in electron and scanning probe microscopy techniques,
- High motivation, independency, ability to supervise the work of others, team spirit,
- Full proficiency in English (including writing).
We offer :
EPFL is one of Europe's most famous science and technology institutions. It welcomes students, professors and collaborators of more than 120 nationalities. EPFL has both a Swiss and international vocation and focuses on three missions: teaching, research and innovation. It offers salaries which are internationally competitive. At PVLAB, you will find
- State-of-the-art processing facilities
- Environment that promotes access to top scientists and research.
- Innovative and dynamic atmosphere
Start date :
1st March 2021
Term of employment :
one year renewable up to max 4 years
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered.
Assistant Professor In The Group Of Research Staff At The Department Of Molecular Physics At Lodz..., Lodz University of Technology, Poland, 5 days ago
The Department of Molecular Physics is looking for a motivated, creative and qualified PhD scientist who would like to engage in research conducted as part of an interdisciplinary project funded b...
Microfabrication Expert, Empa, Switzerland, about 12 hours ago
The Laboratory for Magnetic and Functional Thin Films with expertise in designing and fabricating thin film materials systems is offering a position for a We are excited to receive applications fr...
Microfabrication Expert, Empa, Switzerland, 20 days ago
Empa - the place where innovation starts Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and th...
Researcher Position (Chemical Engineering, Physics Engineering Or Polymer Engineering), CENTITVC - Centro de Nanotecnologia e Materiais Técnicos, Funcionais e Inteligentes, Portugal, about 15 hours ago
CeNTI - Centro de Nanotecnologia e Materiais Técnicos, Funcionais e Inteligentes, opens a call, with the internal reference “CeNTI SM02_2021”, to hire 1 Msc / PHD Researcher, to conduct research a...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor Experimental Nanophysics (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
We are looking for an Assistant Professor who can strengthen our position in the field of experimental nanophysics with advanced spectroscopic and structural analysis methods, especially of phenom...
Tenure Track Faculty Position In Environmental Adaptation , Ecole polytechnique federale de Lausanne - EPFL ;, Switzerland, 9 days ago
The EPFL School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering (ENAC) invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Environmental Adaptation, with an emphasis on cryospheric...