In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The ETH domain has recently launched CAT+, a Hub for catalysis research that provides expertise and state-of-the-art instrumentations in the field of automated and high-throughput experimentation, complemented by advanced data analysis using artificial intelligence and machine learning tools.
The CAT+ East, located at ETH Zurich and Empa, focuses on heterogeneous catalysis. It is currently acquiring robotic and high-throughput platforms to prepare, characterize, and evaluate solid catalysts under various conditions. The Hub will also design and build equipment in collaboration with other research groups to extend the capabilities beyond what is commercially available.
As an open-access platform, CAT+ interacts with various academic and industrial research groups in Switzerland investigating sustainable catalytic processes. The role of the Hub is to translate project requests from those groups into a set of experiments making use of the different high-throughput and automated tools. The large amounts of data gathered on these machines will drive the design of better-performing catalysts and provide a valuable source of information to the research groups about the materials’ structure-activity relationships.
The CAT+East is seeking to hire a Research Engineer whose role will be to lead, plan, and execute high-throughput and automated experimentation projects for the Hub’s customers. The contract is initially for four years with a possible extension to a time-unlimited position, The main tasks will be to:
- Program and operate robotic and automated equipment to perform experiments as per the project’s needs.
- Write project proposals, analyze data, prepare reports and communicate results to customers.
- Maintain equipment to ensure continuous and smooth operations.
- Manage equipment-related chemicals, consumables, and spare parts inventories.
- Take part in designing, purchasing, installing, or fabricating new high-throughput and robotic tools based on CAT+ development needs.
- Modify/develop analytical methods when needed (GC, XRD, XRF).
- Collaborate in the implementation and set up of Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN), Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), and other databases systems.
- Train students or users when needed.
The candidates should present the following technical background and profile:
- Master/Ph.D. in automation, chemical engineering, or catalysis.
- 2+ years of practical work experience in lab automation, robotics, and high-throughput experimentation in the field of heterogeneous catalysis.
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Comfortable with using various software to control equipment and analyze data.
- Enthusiasm to learn about new technologies and scientific fields.
- Experience with catalyst synthesis, analytical chemistry, and operating gloveboxes is a plus.
- Highly organized, good communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Native German-speaking, fluent in English is preferred, French is a plus
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
Felix Palegenomics And Population Genomics Of Ancient Cats (Felis Silvestris), università degli studi di roma tor vergata - dipartimento di biologia, Italy, 14 days ago
The postdoc will work on the ERC-funded project “Felix” to conduct paleogenomic analyses on ancient cats. The goal is to generate and analyze genome-wide data from historic and prehistoric specime...
Felix Stable Isotope Analysis For The Study Of Cat Human Interactions In The Past, università degli studi di roma tor vergata - dipartimento di biologia, Italy, 14 days ago
The postdoc will work on the ERC-funded project “Felix” to conduct hydrogen stable-isotope analysis on ancient cats and other faunal remains. The results will be integrated with carbon and nitroge...
Process Manager/Coordinator , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Wyss Zurich Process Manager/Coordinator 80-100 % The Wyss Zurich is a joint accelerator of the ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich, which was made possible by a generous donation from the Swiss...
Drone Research Engineer , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 15 hours ago
ROBOTICS & PERCEPTION GROUP Drone Research Engineer 100 % Open position for a Drone Research Engineer at the Robotics & Perception Group at the Institute of Informatics at University of Zurich. You...
Professor Of Climate Impacts In Mountain Regions, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 25 days ago
The Department of Environmental Systems Science (www.usys.ethz.ch ) at ETH Zurich and the Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL (www.wsl.ch ) invite applications for the above-mentioned position to...
Quality Assurance Manager , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 15 hours ago
Wyss Zurich Quality Assurance Manager 80-100 % The Wyss Zurich is a joint accelerator of the ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich, which was made possible by a generous donation from the Swiss e...