At the Department of Political Science , we are looking for a Research Assistant (20 %) for different SNSF-financed research projects that involve the collection and manipulation of historical and contemporary GIS data. The projects focus on questions of how environmental conditions and climate change affect the political organization of societies and public preferences.
- Identify data sources covering climate and other types of geographical data
- Prepare data for statistical analysis
- Creation of maps
- Advanced studies (Bachelor or Master) in geography, political science, economics, statistics, or another relevant field with good or very good grades
- Working knowledge of R or Python and QGIS or ArcGIS
- Fluency in English or German
- Reliability and flexibility
- An interest in the interaction between geography, climate, and political behavior/preferences/organization
What we offer
- Gain research experience and substantive knowledge at the intersection of geography and political science
- Workspace at the Department of Political Science, subject to COVID-19 rules
Place of work
Start of employment
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV, transcript of records as one pdf and a paper/BA thesis) by 22. October 2021.
UZH on social media
Post Doctoral Position In Economic Geography, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 14 days ago
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 stude...
Postdoc (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The Climate Policy Department at DIW Berlin uses empirical and theoretical approaches to investigate the effectiveness and design options of policy instruments and regulatory frameworks for the tr...
Student Assistant Position (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The climate needs bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable devel...
Postdoc In Modelling Arctic Bird Areas, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 16 days ago
Climate change is redistributing biodiversity and reshaping ecological interactions. In the Arctic, climate is warming faster than in any other region on Earth and extreme variations in temperatur...
2021 Dileua98 Postdoctoral Researcher, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain, 15 days ago
Job position Postdoc position: The ERC-funded research project " Local Indicators of Climate Change Impacts" (LICCI) announces the recruitment of a postdoctoral researcher. The project is located ...
Doctoral Researcher In Political Science (F/M/D), University of Cologne, Germany, 4 days ago
Doctoral Researcher in Political Science (f/m/d) at the Cologne Center for Comparative Politics (CCCP) The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in G...