In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Center for Project-based Learning (PBL) is a new center at Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering.
The new center will develop new courses and projects for Bachelor’s and Master’s students to build on teaching activities in which students learn by actively engaging in real-world and personally meaningful projects. PBL is looking for talented and motivated professionals to design, develop, and deliver teaching and project-based activities.
Starting February 2021, or at a later date to be agreed upon, we are looking for a talented Engineer and post-doc in Power Electronics to join our interdisciplinary team based at the D-ITET in ETH Zurich. Depending on your background, you can be hired as a senior embedded system engineering.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop new teaching courses and project-based projects to attract Bachelor and Master students.
- Contribute to the development of the center as a power electronics and electrical engineering specialist, working alongside several other students/researchers.
- Collaborate and support students' projects.
- Lead the electrical and power electronics development team of the center, using an agile approach, set up and delegate development tasks to others (i.e. other PhD students and teaching assistants).
- Integrate and test functionalities, use cases, and user feedback.
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings and other interactions with key stakeholders.
- Involve and interact with companies and other professors at ETH in the projects and center's activities.
- Support the activities for funded projects from industry or national and international funding agencies.
For these responsibilities, you should:
- Have a PhD, or a Master's degree and significant experience in Electrical Engineering.
- Good knowledge in power electronics or electrical engineering.
- Excellent Knowledge or experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Power converter technology and associated semiconductors.
- Measurement techniques, lab equipment, and analog electronics with discrete components.
- Latest tools used for the design and simulation of electronic circuits (for example SPICE, MATLAB, etc).
- Analog and digital feedback control systems.
- Be capable of developing electrical and power electronics systems at the hardware level.
- PCB Design, layout, and prototyping of the developed hardware. Be familiar with Altium or similar tools.
- FPGA design is a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in an international multidisciplinary team.
- Good knowledge of English and at least another Swiss language, German, French or Italian. Basic knowledge of the other language or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
To further highlight your suitability, you should demonstrate that you:
- Have been part of collaborations between people from various (scientific) backgrounds (i.e. professor, post-doc, PhDs, industry partners, etc.)
- Can present your work and ideas engagingly and effectively.
- Are a team player that can motivate others.
- Know / have interest in the development and planning of industrial collaborations.
- Have experience in academic writing and an academic environment.
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
Bioinformatics Analyst, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 15 days ago
Bioinformatics Analyst The ETH Zurich core facility NEXUS Personalized Health Technologies enables discovery and translational research for personalized health. We are recruiting a Bioinformatics ...
Junior Research Engineer In Natural Language Processing, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 3 days ago
The ETH Media Technology Center is a place where you will work connecting research and innovative industry applications to build the media technologies of tomorrow. To achieve this, the center pro...
Data Scientist – Industry Projects, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 1 month ago
Accelerating the adoption of data science in Switzerland The Swiss Data Science Center (SDSC) is a joint venture between ETH Zurich and EPFL. We have been mandated by the Swiss Confederation to ac...
Laboratory Automation Scientist, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 23 days ago
The Laboratory Automation Facility (LAF) is a central research and service platform at the ETH's Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering (D-BSSE) , located in Basel. We support the depa...
Gmp Production Officer , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
Wyss Zurich GMP Production Officer 60-100 % LifeMatrix is active in the fast-growing field of medical biomimetics and part of the Wyss Zurich accelerator. LifeMatrix has developed a unique bioengin...
Research Technician In Plant Ecology, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 25 days ago
The Plant Ecology groups of Janneke Hille Ris Lambers and Jake Alexander (ETH Zürich) are seeking two research technicians to participate in research quantifying the responses of plant communities...