Postdoctoral / Scientist Position in Cancer Immunotherapy
Our research is dedicated to delineate mechanisms of anti-cancer immunity in tumor models and cancer patients. A major focus is the preclinical and clinical development of immunotherapeutic strategies against cancer including the definition of new targets including glycan antigens. We are strongly linked to the Medical Oncology Department at the University Hospital. Please see more details at https://www.unispital-basel.ch/ueber-uns/bereiche/medizin/kliniken-institute-abteilungen/onkologie/lehre-forschung/lab-for-cancer-immunotherapy/ .
- Independent project management
- Independent planning and design of experiments including mouse experiments
- Primary cell culture models and animal models to study mechanisms of sialic acid/Siglec-mediated immune suppression in cancer
- Supervision of a technician working on the project
- Direct interaction with the Biotech partner in Schlieren/Zürich
- The position is available from January 2023 on
- Ph.D or M.D./Ph.D. (already obtained or soon to be)
- Experience in cellular immunology, preferentially tumor immunology including cancer animal models, cellular cytotoxicity assays, primary human and mouse immune cell culture and multidimensional flow cytometry
- High degree of motivation in academic research, outstanding record of scientific accomplishments with publications in peer-reviewed journals, and ability to work independently and as a team player with excellent communication and writing skills
- Highly collaborative and goal-oriented mindset is desirable as this project will be carried out in collaboration with an industrial partner, Memo Therapeutics
We offer you
- A very active scientific environment in translational cancer immunology immunotherapy with numerous academic research projects and industrial collaborations
- Competitive salary, state-of-the art facilities and direct access to clinically relevant human samples from patients
- Interaction with biotech
The following documents are obligatory to be submitted:
Applicants will only be contacted if they are positively evaluated for the next step.
Laboratory for Cancer Immunotherapy
Department of Biomedicine & Department of Medical Oncology
Prof. Dr. Heinz Läubli or Dr. Natalia Rodrigues Mantuano
University Hospital Basel
+41 61 265 50 74
firstname.lastname@example.org , or email@example.com
Postdoctoral Scientist (Immuno Oncology), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 12 days ago
(ref. BAP-2023-48) Laatst aangepast : 24/01/2023 Broad Research Topic: Designing and valorising next-generation immunotherapy solutions for immuno-resistant tumours to pave way for near future cli...
Senior Laboratory Technician, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
The laboratory of Angiogenesis and Vascular Metabolism headed by Prof. Peter Carmeliet is one of the laboratories of the Center for Cancer Biology (VIB-KU Leuven CCB), a research department of VIB...
Research Technician | “Development Of Next Generation Car T Cells”, Amsterdam UMC, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Research Technician | “Development of next generation CAR T cells” Research Technician | “Development of next generation CAR T cells” Published Deadline Location today 14 Feb Amsterdam Join our in...
Research Scientist, University of Alberta, Canada, 2 days ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). In accordance with the Trust/Research Academic Staff Agreement , this position offers a compr...
Senior Research Specialist Within Oncology, Metabolism And Covid 19, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 2 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology (MTC) at Karolinska Institutet conducts research and teaching within immunology, i...
“Scientific Coordinator” Staff Scientist In The Laboratory Of…, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), Belgium, 6 days ago
The laboratory of Angiogenesis & Vascular Metabolism headed by Prof. Peter Carmeliet is one of the laboratories of the Center for Cancer Biology (CCB), a research department of VIB (Flanders Insti...