Postdoctoral Researcher - Gene and Cell Therapy
The Institute for Regenerative Medicine (IREM) is a research institute of the University of Zurich located at the Life Science campus in Schlieren. The mission of the Institute is to link basic research with clinical application by identifying pathological mechanisms of diseases and developing new therapies.
The Department of Cell and Gene Therapy at IREM is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Postdoctoral Researcher to support advancing of gene therapy technologies in the field on immune disorders, central nervous system, and cancer. The goal of the Department is development, testing, and clinical application of new gene therapy technologies for the treatment of genetic diseases in children and adults. Access to the facilities required for the performance of GLP- and GMP-compliant studies is available at the University of Zurich. The Department works closely with the University hospitals of the University Medicine Zurich.
You can find more information about us at:
• Design of novel CRISPR-based editing tools
• Work with mouse and human hematopoietic stem cells
• Testing of gene therapy vectors in vitro, and in cellular and mouse models
• Generation of high-quality efficacy and safety data to facilitate further clinical development
• Writing study reports
• Contribution to supervision of Master and PhD students
• Assistance in preparation of funding applications
• Teaching activities at the University of Zurich
• Representation of the Department at the external events (conferences, symposia etc.)
• Doctoral degree (PhD, or MD/PhD) in Human Medicine or Life Sciences (immunology, molecular biology, biomedicine, etc.)
• Creative scientific mindset supported by excellent qualifications, documented by at least 3 years of research experience and publications in international peer-reviewed journals
• Experience in cell culture and molecular biology techniques
• Experience with lentiviral vectors and gene editing tools (CRISPR/Cas9)
• Extensive knowledge of hematopoietic stem and T cell biology and DNA repair mechanisms
• Experience in supervising Master and/or PhD students is an advantage
• Hands-on experience with primary cell cultures, multiparameter flow cytometry, qPCR/ddPCR, transgenic mouse models and next-generation sequencing technologies is an advantage
• Very good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
What we offer
A friendly and interactive international research environment at the University of Zurich. Excellent working conditions and top-class technical equipment. The IREM is committed to providing an open, non-discriminative environment to all its members. The salary is defined based on the cantonal regulations.
Place of work
Wagistrasse 12, 8952 Schlieren, Switzerland
Start of employment
Immediately or upon agreement.
Please submit your application as a single PDF file (including statement on scientific background and interests, CV/publication list, copies of academic certificates, and contact information of at least two references) in German or English to Mrs Doris Peter (firstname.lastname@example.org
UZH on social media
Research Assistant In Agricultural Biotechnology, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 23 days ago
Performing the in vitro experiments on different cell culture lines to study the bioaccessibility of zeaxanthin, its transport and cellular uptake. Experiments will be performed for PN-III-P4-ID-P...
Postdoc Researcher Ophthalmology Research Group, Fundació Hospital Universitari Vall d&#039;Hebron- Institut de recerca, Spain, 11 days ago
Specialization: Stem cells and organoids, cell therapy, animal models in retinal degenerative diseases Supervisors: Dr. Miguel Zapata and Dr. Anna Duarri Research topic: Retinal organoids as a too...
Postdoc Position Contribution Of Cell Size To Cell Function In Multicellular Systems , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 2 days ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term Why do cells control their size and how is it possible that different cells in our body vary 1000 fold in size and can still function? We are looking for a new member to j...
Research Fellow (Molecular Biologist), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 17 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore invites applications for a committed, enthusiastic, and dependable Molecular Biologist in the Department of Ophthalmology, Yong Loo Lin School ...
Post Doctoral Fellow In The School Of Biological Sciences, EURAXESS, Laos, 8 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: School of Biological Sciences (26000) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Post-doctoral Fellow in the School of Biologic...
Therapeutic Targeting Of Dna Repair (In Ph Init Doctoral Fellowship Incoming, La Caixa), IIB SANT PAU - Fundació Institut de Recerca de l'Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Spain, 22 days ago
Research Project / Research Group Description We are an internationally competitive group in the field of cancer-prone DNA repair syndromes with a focus in Fanconi anemia and familiar breast cance...