|Novartis Technical Operations|
| Novartis has one of the best biologics pipelines in the pharmaceutical industry, with a large number of projects in the different clinical development phases.|
Within the Novartis Biologics Technical Development and Manufacturing (BTDM) organization, the Early Phase Pharmaceutical Development group is responsible for developing the drug product for preclinical toxicology studies as well as first in man clinical studies, and is thus handling different protein formats, including monoclonal antibodies, Fab fragments, Fc fusion proteins, protein conjugates, ADCs and different protein scaffolds.
In order to enable the therapeutic properties of potentially powerful biologics with very short half-life in the desired site of action, the development of new special dosage forms for biologics is required, such as microparticles, gels, implants, scaffolds etc.
We are looking for a talented postdoc researcher to join the Early Phase Pharmaceutical Development Team, within the NBE Delivery Group, to tackle the challenging task to encapsulate monoclonal antibodies and therapeutic proteins into selected delivery systems by tailoring formulation parameters and processing conditions in order to maximize encapsulation efficiency, minimize protein degradation during manufacturing, optimize release kinetics and ensure protein stability during half-life and in vivo.
Duration of the position 2 years.
The responsibilities include:
• Evaluation of the state-of-the-art in the field
• Contributing to the conception of innovative ideas and solutions under limited direction, and independently working on execution, including design, implementation, and interpretation of scientific research results.
• Lead and coordinate the collaboration with different formulation and analytical interfaces within Novartis to achieve the project goals.
• Effectively communicates plans, progress and results with key stakeholders
• Ensures accuracy and timely sharing of information
• Prepare high quality research reports and manuscripts for publishing in major scientific journals or patent submission.
| • Education: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Technology or related field, with 0-2 years Postgraduate experience.|
• Relevant experience with drug delivery technologies and polymer physics, good understanding of physico-chemical properties of proteins, experienced in analytical characterization (e.g. HPLC, Spectrophotometry, particles characterization, calorimetry, etc.). Ideally, prior experience in process development and process engineering.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Team spirit and flexibility
Postdoc In Protein Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
Department of Food Science is offering a postdoc position for a period of 2 years commencing 1st November 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter. The application deadline is 1st October 2017. The ...
Ph D Fellowship In Computational Chemistry / Peptide Modelling, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
The Computational Drug Design Group (Gloriam group), Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen wishes to employ a PhD Fellow in Scientific Database Development. The proj...
A 2 Year Postdoctoral Position Is Available At Dtu Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
Apply no later than 1 November 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Chemistry by completing the following form. Apply online A 2-year postdoctoral position is available at DTU Chemistry starting from Jan...
Postdoc Positions In Disease Systems Biology At The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center For Protein Research, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
Postdoc positions in Disease Systems Biology at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research A number of postdoc positions are available in the Translational Disease Systems Biology gro...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Lung Surfactant Research, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
The Department of Neurobiology Care Sciences and Society comprises 11 divisions and has about 500 employees. The NVS-department is located at KI Campus-Huddinge. The Department is responsible for ...
Postdoc Of Dairy Protein Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
The Section for Dairy and Ingredient Technology at Department of Food Science, University of Copenhagen is offering a position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the area of Dairy Protein Chemistr...