Office Manager (70-100%)
70 - 100%
The University of Basel is ranked among the best universities in the world due to its research achievements and as the oldest university in Switzerland, can look back on over 550 years of successful history. It counts over 12'000 students and 4'300 researchers in 7 faculties active in domains from humanities and social sciences to natural sciences, with a clear focus on life sciences and medicine.
In this context, sciCORE is the center of competence in scientific computing, maintaining an advanced computing infrastructure for active research and the associated services (including training, data management and scientific support). Due to the computational focus of our services, our user community is largely in the domain of natural sciences (life sciences, biomedical research, physics, chemistry), but we also provide support in the domain of economics, mathematics, social sciences and computer science. Furthermore, sciCORE is a technology platform of SIB - Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics and is one of the computing centers supporting the Swiss Personalized Health Network initiative.
We are looking for an Office Manager to provide administrative and logistical support to the sciCORE team. If you like working with talented people in a highly interdisciplinary and inspiring academic working environment with challenging tasks, we want to hear from you.
The Office Manager is expected to provide a functional and welcoming environment for sciCORE team members, ensuring that all daily procedures run smoothly. We are looking for an individual with excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Supporting regular office operations, including back-office coordination
- Be responsible for the administration, minute taking, and record keeping for sciCORE internal meetings
- Maintain up-to-date accounts and budgets information
- Set up meetings/conference calls and travel arrangements for multiple parties
- Assist in special projects such as event planning and internal communication
- Assist in organization of educational and outreach efforts within sciCORE as well as in national collaborations (e.g. SIB Training Group)
- Support HR processes (e.g. recruitment) and assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- A bachelor degree in a scientific or technical discipline, in business administration, business management, or equivalent relevant experience
- At least 3 years of experience as an Office Manager or similar role in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong organizational skills, and the capability to multi-task with accuracy and reliability, and a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent digital literacy, including standard office packages, online publishing (e.g. django CMS or TYPO3) and collaboration tools (e.g. confluence Wiki)
- Experience working in scientific/academic environment, preferably in life sciences
- Fluent in English and German
- Experience in recruitment
- A flair for copywriting and corporate communication in general
- Experience in billing with SAP systems and processing invoices
We offer you
In this position, you will be part of a highly efficient and motivated team of data analysts, data managers and scientific IT specialists. You will work in a highly interdisciplinary and inspiring academic environment. We support our team members in their own training, networking and career development.
We are looking for someone to fill this position as soon as possible.The contract is for 2 years, with the option of extension.
Application / Contact
If you are interested in this challenging and highly interesting position, please submit your application including CV, letter of motivation and references through our online portal.
For further information, please contact Dr. Lorenza Bordoli, firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until filled.
Natural Sciences Analyst In The Data Analytics Center, ETH, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: Job 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Other Salary CHF 0 / Entry date September 11, 2019 as agreed upon Region Switzerland - B...
Scientific Software Developer 100%, ETH, Switzerland, 4 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: Job 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Information Technology Salary CHF 0 / Entry date September 3, 2019 immediately Region Sw...
Project Manager (70%), ETH, Switzerland, 12 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: Job 70% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Other Salary CHF 0 / Entry date November 1, 2019 per Date Region Switzerland - Bern < 1 /...
Research Software Engineer In Natural Language Processing, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 23 days ago
Research Software Engineer in Natural Language Processing The newly founded Media Technology Center is a place where researchers develop the media technologies of tomorrow in collaboration with in...
Biomedical Data And It Project Manager, ETH, Switzerland, 13 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: Job 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area IT / Software-Engineering Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerland - Zurich...
Data Scientist & Project Manager (W/M), EPFL, Switzerland, about 9 hours ago
The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people suppor...