The mandate of the Mechanical and Materials Engineering (EN-MME ) group is to provide to the CERN community specific engineering solutions combining mechanical design, fabrication and material sciences.
The Materials, Metrology & NDT (EN-MME-MM ) undertakes the development, selection, specification, characterisation and analysis of materials. The section provides support for the quality control of materials and components including NDT and dimensional controls; conceives and realises a large range of static and dynamic mechanical tests and measurements and performs failure analyses.
As a technician, with computed tomography and/or industrial radiography competencies, you will join the team in charge of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) activities run transversally on all kind of CERN projects.
As part of the NDT service team and depending on your qualifications and work progress you will:
- Perform X-ray computed tomography inspections on a variety of components and assemblies using a Zeiss Metrotom 1500 micro-tomograph and VG Studio MAX software;
- Perform radiographic inspections of components and welds using fixed-post X-ray generators in an irradiation laboratory, mobile X-ray generators and gammagraphy sources on different CERN premises and digital radiography systems for radiography interpretation;
- Produce testing reports, advise users on problems related to NDT and present your results in technical meetings;
- Participate in the maintenance and development of equipment and laboratories.
You may have the opportunity to be trained and involved in the other NDT methods beyond your present qualifications including conventional and phased array ultrasonic flaw detectors; ultrasonic immersion testing system, and video-endoscopes.
Specific skills required for this project:
- For the computed tomography activities, experience with computed tomography equipment and with visualization and analysis software;
- For the industrial radiography activities, valid certifications in RT Level 2 (following ISO 9712 or equivalent) and valid nationally-recognized certificate for operating X-ray generators and radioactive sources for industrial radiology;
- General knowledge of other NDT techniques;
- Basic knowledge of material science and joining techniques.
Resonance Ionization For The Production Of Radioactive Ion Beams At Cern, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 29 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-417) Laatst aangepast : 26/05/2021 The KU Leuven Institute for Nuclear and Radiation Physics (IKS) specializes in the production and use of radioactive ion beams for the study of nu...
Researcher With Specialization In High Power Microwave Engineering, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
Published: 2021-06-17 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...
Research Engineer In The Physics Of Medical Imaging, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 18 hours ago
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We...
Associate Professor In Condensed Matter Physics Of Energy Materials With Specialization In X Ray Based Spectroscopy, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
Published: 2021-06-24 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...
Nuclear Structure Investigations Using Precision Laser Spectroscopy Methods, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 2 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2021-513) Laatst aangepast : 24/06/2021 The KU Leuven Institute for Nuclear and Radiation Physics (IKS) specializes in the production and use of radioactive ion beams for the study of nu...
Bio Max Beamline Scientist (Pa2021/1631), University of Lund, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 44 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg ...