Institute of Molecular Cancer Research (IMCR)
MEF / PTK / Research Technician / Assistant Position
The Weber Laboratory is seeking a highly motivated and independent Research Assistant/Technician to support our research projects. The position is offered in our research group, which is affiliated with the Department of Pathology and Molecular Pathology of the University Hospital and the Institute for Molecular Cancer Research (IMCR) of the University of Zurich.
The group focuses on diseases of the liver and digestive tract with particular emphasis on liver and intestinal cancer as well as hepatitis E. The position will support current research projects aimed at deciphering the mechanism of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) development and discovering new therapeutic targets for HCC. Research includes studies in human primary tissues, cell and organoid cultures, and mouse models.
The employment percentage is negotiable, but expected to be between 50% and 100%. It is initially offered for one year with the possibility of extension.
Interested candidates who match the profile should send their CV together with a letter of motivation, indicating the possible starting date and their previous relevant work experience.
- Mouse handling including maintenance and management of colonies, genotyping of biopsies, support with surgery and necropsy procedures
- Morphology-based analyses including histology, immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
- Cell and molecular biology assays Western blotting, Elisa, PCR and sequencing applications
- Data analysis
- Participation in lab organization
- Completed training as a laboratory technician or a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in life sciences
- Proficiency in written and spoken German and English
- Willingness to participate in animal studies (LTK1 or FELASA B equivalent certificate, but not a requirement)
- Previous experience in any of the above listed tasks, especially cell or organoid culture, general molecular biology techniques or handling animals is highly desirable
- Good organizational skills
- A team player with the ability to learn and to work enthusiastically, open-minded and friendly personality
What we offer
- A friendly working environment in a highly motivated team with a diverse international background
- Participation in competitive projects funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) and the Swiss Cancer League, among others
- Involvement in state-of-the-art research techniques
- Insight into the working environment of both, a basic research institution (IMCR, UZH) and an academic hospital (Pathology USZ)
- A highly competitive salary according to the guidelines of the Canton of Zurich
The position can be filled immediately, the starting date is negotiable, although a timely start is preferred.
Working locations are both the Institute of Molecular Cancer Research of the University of Zurich (UZH, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH-8057 Zurich) and the Department of Pathology and Molecular Pathology of the University Hospital Zurich (USZ, Schmelzbergstrasse 12, CH-8091 Zurich).
UZH on social media
Postdoc Position At The Leibniz Institute For Immunotherapy (Lit) (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 8 days ago
Postdoc position (E13) at the Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (LIT) with flexible starting date (m/f/d) The LIT - Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (foundation under civil law) (http://www.r...
Postdoctoral Position In Brain Tumor Biology And Cancer Stem Cells , University of Basel, Switzerland, 9 days ago
We offer you A stimulating research environment in an internationally renewed research team. The lab has extensive experience with conditional genetics, lineage tracing and mouse models of glioma....
Postdoctoral Fellow The Laboratory Of Prof. Tracy Mc Gaha, Centre for Oncology and Immunology, Hong Kong, 16 days ago
The long-term objective of the Centre for Oncology and Immunology is to employ novel functional screens, animal and cell models including organoids, immuno-oncology approach, as well as advanced g...
Postdoctoral Position In Brain Tumor Biology And Cancer Stem Cells, ETH, Switzerland, 11 days ago
Postdoctoral Position in Brain Tumor Biology and Cancer Stem Cells (100%) - available as agreed The Department of Biomedicine of the University of Basel is a leading research institute in Switzerl...
Postdoc Position Metabolism, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 17 days ago
Postdoc position metabolism Postdoc position metabolism Published Deadline Location today 6 Jun Utrecht We are seeking for a highly motivated candidate with a PhD to work on how metabolic changes ...
Postdoctoral Fellow Developmental And Stem Cell Biology, City of Hope, United States, about 10 hours ago
About City of Hope City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one of the largest cancer research an...