We are seeking to recruit a lab technician to work at the Institute for Regenerative Medicine of the University of Zurich, which is part of the dynamically evolving new Schlieren campus of the University of Zurich. For more information, please see: Institute for Regenerative Medicine - IREM
The position is limited until end of June 2023 (7 months total).
Our laboratory carries out interdisciplinary research at the interface between cancer biology, stem cells and gene expression regulation. We offer an interesting position in a young, dedicated and interdisciplinary team, continuous training and flexible hours.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in a project that applies a genome-wide CRISPR/Cas9 screen to identify factors involved in the induction of oncogenic drivers of translational dysregulation in cancer. The applied techniques involve basic molecular biology and cell culture experiments.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Molecular cloning techniques; protein, DNA and RNA preparation and quantification, in particular western blot, qPCR and fluorescent protein detection
- Cell culture work, establishing new cell lines, transfections, luciferase assays, CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene editing, lentivirus preparation and generation of lentivirally modified cell lines
- Qualification as BTA/MTA or MSc in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or any other relevant discipline
- At least one year of work experience in a research-intensive lab
- Ability to draft routine reports and keep accurate records of work performed
- Willingness to collaborate in an interdisciplinary and multinational environment
- Fluency in English (oral/written) and good computer skills.
- Aptitude to learn new techniques and tools with general instruction, self-motivated, organized, manages priorities and enjoys working in a team
- Reliability and precision
What we offer
We offer an interesting working place in an international, diversified and dynamic academic environment, opportunities to learn a variety of basic molecular biology and cell culture techniques, a fun team to collaborate, and conditions of employment of the University of Zurich. For additional information about employment at the University of Zurich, please visit UZH for Staff - Welcome Package .
For further information about the lab, please visit www.sendoellab.org.
Place of work
Wagistrasse 12, 8952 Schlieren, Switzerland
Start of employment
Employment start date with December 1, 2022, or by agreement. The position is limited to 7 months.
UZH on social media
Single Cell Genomics Technician, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, 1 day ago
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as t...
Lab Technician To Support The Single Cell And Flow Cytometry Platforms At Vib U Antwerp, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
About VIB The VIB-UAntwerp Center of Molecular Neurology (VIB-CMN) is part of VIB, a Life Sciences institute with researchers in neuroscience, cancer, biotechnology, structural biology, and immuno...
Research Engineer To Mtc, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology (MTC) at Karolinska Institutet conducts research and teaching within immunology, i...
Research Engineer To Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to improving human health? The laboratory of Professor Thomas Helleday provides an excellent translational and scientific environment. The multidisciplinary research gro...
Cell Laboratory Manager , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Enable the next generation of bioelectronics. Join a dynamic and stimulating environment. As a Cell Laboratory manager at the Department of Microelectronics of the Faculty of EEMCS of the TU Delft...
Principal Research Engineer In Cell Biology, Linköping University, Sweden, 3 days ago
Skilled and committed employees are a crucial factor in the success of Linköping University. And we need more of them. Our core expertise comes from teachers and researchers, but a successful univ...