We are seeking to recruit an experienced lab manager/technician to work at the Institute for Regenerative Medicine of the University of Zurich, which is part of the dynamically evolving new Schlieren campus of the University of Zurich. For more information, please see: www.irem.uzh.ch/
Our laboratory carries out interdisciplinary research at the interface between cancer biology, stem cells and gene expression regulation. We offer an interesting position in a young, dedicated and interdisciplinary team, continuous training and flexible hours.
The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing the lab, coordinate the lab ordering and assist in basic molecular biology techniques and cell culture experiments.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in managing a functional laboratory (inventory control of consumables, small material orders, etc), create and manage databases, maintenance of equipment.
- Assist in projects in the laboratory and apply basic molecular biology methods (PCR, DNA and RNA preparation, cloning, western blot, histology).
- Preparation of custom-made cell culture media for keratinocytes
- Independently and efficiently organize cell culture work, involvement in establishing new cell lines, transfections, luciferase assays, CRISPR/CAS9-mediated gene editing is possible
- Preparation of lentivirus and generation of high-titer lentiviral preps
- Involvement in the in vivo experiments is possible (engraftment of squamous cell carcinomas etc)
- Qualification as BTA/MTA or MSc in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or any other relevant discipline
- At least one year of work experience in a research-intensive lab
- Ability to draft routine reports and keep accurate records of work performed
- Willingness to collaborate in an interdisciplinary and multinational environment
- Fluency in English (oral/written) and good computer skills.
- Aptitude to learn new techniques and tools with general instruction, self-motivated, organized, manages priorities and enjoys working in a team
- Reliability and precision
What we offer
We offer an interesting working place in an international, diversified and dynamic academic environment, opportunities to learn a variety of basic molecular biology and cell culture techniques, a fun team to collaborate, and conditions of employment of the University of Zurich. For further information about the lab, please visit www.sendoellab.org.
Place of work
Start of employment
July 1, 2022; or by agreement
UZH on social media
Laboratory Animal Cell Technology Unit – Ref. Bi Mestre Pr Odd Pcr Aav August2022, iBET - Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnológica, Portugal, 7 days ago
Admission requirements: Attending an academic Post-graduation Program of Scientific Research Training Master Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or similar areas. Master and Bachelor weighted av...
Therapeutic Strategies To Target Atrx/Daxx Activity In Osteosarcoma, Università degli Studi di Trieste, Italy, 29 days ago
In osteosarcoma, low expression or frequent mutations of single components of the DAXX/ATRX histone H3.3 chaperon/nucleosome remodeling complex lead to increased levels of RNA:DNA hybrid related g...
Research Specialist Position Focusing On Sympathoadrenal Tumor Mouse Models, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 16 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology (MTC) at Karolinska Institutet conducts research and teaching in immunology, infection...
Ph.D. Position For A Biologist, Molecular Biotechnologist, Biochemist, Vetmeduni Vienna, Austria, about 21 hours ago
In frame of the transdisciplinary project MicRisk 2030, a collaborative project of Vetmeduni Vienna, University of Zurich, ETH Zurich, and SUPSI, a Ph.D. position is available in the research grou...
Tenure Track Professor Of Cell Biology Of Plants, Karl-Franzens-University Graz, Austria, 28 days ago
The tenure track professor of Cell Biology of Plants will support research and teaching in the field of plant physiology. The tenure track professorship should concentrate on basic research, but a...
4 Bioinformatics / Quantitative Cell Biology Scientists For Biomedical Research, University of Eastern Finland (UEF), Finland, 17 days ago
The Institute of Biomedicine at the University of Eastern Finland is inviting applications for 4 positions to be appointed from September 1st, 2022 to December 31st, 2025: 2 bioinformaticians to w...