In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
100%, Basel, fixed-term
The Laboratory for Biological Engineering (Prof. Randall J Platt) of ETH Zurich in Basel develops genome engineering technologies and applies them to a range of fundamental and disease-focused areas (www.platt.ethz.ch ) and to advance these efforts we are seeking a full-time Lab Managerwith expertise in molecular and cellular biology as well as mouse models.
We are looking for a highly organized lab manager to join a multidisciplinary team of researchers. The candidate will work closely with the PI and laboratory members in running and managing the laboratory. Lab management duties primarily include managing the team’s laboratory processes (e.g., lab meetings, lab jobs, ordering), maintaining and developing the lab infrastructure, serving as the primary contact point for internal and external partners, writing and maintaining licenses (e.g., animal, stem cell, biosafety) in collaboration with group members and serving as the lead officer when applicable, and overseeing the lab’s mouse colony in collaboration with animal facility staff.
- PhD or equivalent in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Molecular Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Molecular Medicine, or a related field.
- LTK module 1, or FELASA category B equivalent, and experience with mouse handling and colony management.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to respectfully and productively manage and interact with all levels of staff and external contacts.
- A track record in acquiring positions of leadership and/or responsibility.
- A passion and aptitude for organization and logistics.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience with most of the following points:
- standard molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, RT-qPCR, DNA/RNA electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE and Western blots, etc);
- mammalian cell culture and virus production (e.g., AAV, Lentivirus);
- microbiological culture (at least E. coli in the context of molecular cloning and/or protein production);
- immunostaining and histopathology;
- light microscopy.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English. Proficiency in written and spoken German is a major plus.
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
Lab Manager, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 21 days ago
The Laboratory for Biological Engineering (Prof. Randall J Platt) of ETH Zurich in Basel develops genome engineering technologies and applies them to a range of fundamental and disease-focused are...
Translational Scientist, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 20 days ago
The Synthetic Biology group at the D-BSSE department of ETH Zurich in Basel is active in the fields of biomolecular computing and mammalian synthetic biology, developing enabling technologies and ...
Research Technician Maternity Cover, EMBL, Worldwide, about 21 hours ago
EMBL is seeking a research technician to join Dr. Jan Korbel's group in the Genome Biology Unit. The post holder will work in a leading laboratory focusing on genomics and single cell technology-d...
Research Technician , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 10 hours ago
Center of Dental Medicine Research Technician 100% University of Zurich's Center of Dental Medicine is one of the four dental university centers of Switzerland. It has approximately 390 employees a...
Bioinformatician / Data Scientist, Institute for Research in Biomedicine (Bellinzona), USI, Switzerland, 25 days ago
About the IRB The Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB; www.irb.usi.ch ) in Bellinzona, Switzerland, is an internationally recognized research center. The activities of its 13 research group...
Research Officer Mouse Mutant Core Facility (Ref. Cf/21/05), IRB Barcelona, Spain, 3 days ago
IRB Barcelona is seeking a motivated Research Officer with proven skills in embryo manipulation and production of genetically engineered rodent to cover the position in the Mouse Mutant Core Facil...