Materials science and technology are our passion. With our cutting-edge research, Empa's around 1,100 employees make essential contributions to the well-being of society for a future worth living. Empa is a research institution of the ETH Domain.
Empa's Laboratory for High Performance Ceramics is involved in the scientific research, development and characterization of advanced ceramics and composites for structural and, increasingly, functional applications.
You will optimize, up-scale and characterize an advanced material system to obtain the treatability data required to design reliable drinking water filtration products. The goal is to design and specify the complete material/product fabrication process chain to deliver a product with the technological readi-ness level needed to move to the product certification and market introduction phase upon project end. Water filtration performance relying particularly on material characteristics, their effect on viral and bacterial removal performance will have to be tested meticulously and material specifications defined accordingly.
- Perform systematic material synthesis parameter studies (e.g. experimental plans) to evaluate their effect on viral/bacterial removal performance from test waters
- Up-scale the fabrication processes, develop and produce filtration product prototypes for field tests and treatability data acquisition
- Identify and specify critical material/product design characteristics which have to be monitored to meet reliability, performance and safety requirements
- Ensure that all regulatory and market specific boundary conditions (costs, reliability, safety, traceability, …) are respected
- Identify and develop a professional network of potential first technology adopters
- Publish in peer-reviewed high-impact factor journals and present at international conferences
- MSc or higher in Materials science, Water science or related disciplines
- Track record in water filtration testing (viral, bacterial)
- Demonstrated aptitude for highly target oriented non-conventional thinking
- Full proficiency in written and oral English
- Self-motivated, critical-thinking, open-minded and communicative
- Good market analysis capability and business acumen
We offer an 18 months Innosuisse funded position at Empa to conduct cutting-edge research and product development for the wellbeing of society. Applications are open immediately and the starting date is July 2023 or upon mutual agreement.
We look forward to receiving your complete online application including a letter of motivation, CV, certificates, diplomas and contact details of two reference persons. Please submit these exclusively via our job portal. Applications by e-mail and by post will not be considered.
Fellowship For Excellent Researcher R2 Biochar As A Solution For Wastewater Treatment, MicroPoll s.r.o., Slovakia, about 16 hours ago
28 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company MicroPoll s.r.o. Research Field Chemistry » Analytical chemistry Environmental science » Water science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2...
Postdoc In Pfas Removal Using Electrochemical Methods, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
Do you want to develop a green, facile and scalable electrochemical method to synthesize electroactive high-entropy oxide materials? Do you want to prepare a novel hybrid anode electrode by the in...
Postdoc In Pfas Removal Using Electrochemical Methods, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 9 days ago
20 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Chalmers University of Technology Research Field Technology » Materials technology Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Sweden Ap...
Research Fellow, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 20 hours ago
Project Overview Urban metabolism is an accounting framework whose goal is to quantify the inflows, outflows, and accumulation of resources, such as materials, energy and water, in a metropolitan ...
Research Assistant (Anti Microbial Biomaterials), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Job Description We are seeking a Research Assistant with expertise in bioengineering, biomaterials and microbiology. The candidate is required to Develop biomaterials with anti-microbial propertie...
Postdoc In Advanced Modeling Of Filtering And Reinjection Of Dispersed Oil Droplets – Dtu Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 12 days ago
A 1-year postdoctoral position in advanced modeling of filtration separation of oil droplets from water produced from a petroleum reservoir is available at the Department of Chemical and Biochemic...