In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
80%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Robotic Systems Lab (RSL) at ETH Zürich is looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer to extend our electronics and firmware development team.
In this position, you have the opportunity to collaborate with world-leading researchers in robotics and closely work with electronics and firmware engineers of different research labs to develop the technology of tomorrow. You will contribute to the development of a variety of new actuators, sensors, and robot systems such as legged robots and manipulators. Among others, you will take over the responsibility to improve and extend the custom firmware of our high performance drives, which we have been developing for multiple years. For more information about the lab and research, please check out the webpage www.rsl.ethz.ch .
The set of tasks include:
- Support a team of researchers in firmware and electronics development
- Lead the development and maintenance of our actuator and sensor firmware
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary team
- Invent and implement new features
- Develop low-level software parts in the communication stack on PC side
- Release management (Creating new releases, maintaining current ones)
- Documenting the usage of tools and of firmware features
- Commissioning and testing
You should be interested in working with cutting edge technology in an international and multidisciplinary team and fullfil multiple of the following points:
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering / Mechatronics or similar and/or multiple years of work experience as an embedded software engineer
- Strong skills in C/C++ especially in the context of embedded systems
- Experience in programming and testing of firmware (preferable for ARM based systems)
- The ability of working with schematics as well as the related CAE tools (e.g. Altium) is very useful
- Knowledge about motor control, cmake, ROS and/or Ethercat is of advantage
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
Electronic System R&D Engineer Embedded Mixed Signal Systems For Health, IMEC, Belgium, 11 days ago
Develop advanced miniature electronic systems for healthcare and life science applications What you will do Imec has a strong experience and background in leading-edge circuit and system developme...
Experimental Biochemist, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 15 days ago
Experimental Biochemist The Ban Laboratory at ETH Zurich, Institute of Molecular Biology & Biophysics, Department of Biology, Switzerland, is hiring an experimental biochemist with a Master’s or a...
Electrical Engineer / Applied Physicist (Te Msc Tm 2021 76 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 14 days ago
Introduction Join a great team pushing the limits of accelerator-magnet test and measurement, to shape the future of CERN’s large accelerators. Take part! You will join: The Test and Magnetic Meas...
Scientific Assistant In The “Pl Ant Characterization Unit For Closed Life Support System –..., ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 16 hours ago
Scientific assistant in the “PlAnt Characterization unit for closed life support system – engineering, MANufacturing & testing phase 2” (acronym PACMAN2) project of the European Space Agency The G...
Lecturer In Chemical Engineering, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 3 days ago
Lecturer in Chemical Engineering We seek to appoint a lecturer on reaction engineering and catalysis to teach undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The primary responsibility will be to contribut...
Scientific Internship: 3 D Printing Of Soft Robots With Embedded Smart Fluidic Circuits, AMOLF, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
The Soft Robotic Matter group at AMOLF is looking for research interns at the Master’s level from a range of backgrounds (Engineering, Physics, Materials Science) that will work on 3D printing of ...