Are you a mathematically minded Data Engineer experienced in developing financial tools? Take responsibility for the development of an IT system that integrates different risk management, performance and asset allocation analytics modules, as well as the administration of the Pension Fund Risk Management database. CERN’s Pension Fund seeks an experienced IT specialist, skilled in software development and database design in an investment risk management context. CERN. Take part!
You will join the CERN Pension Fund, whose purpose is to insure its members from the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and the European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere (ESO) and their families against the economic consequences of disability and old age. The Fund currently has some 3500 active members and the same number of beneficiaries. Operating as a defined benefit capitalized scheme, the CERN Pension Fund's assets currently amount to approximately CHF 4.7 billion.
The Quantitative Methods team is responsible for developing asset allocation tools, analytics and risk management systems for the Fund. The team also builds and maintains an IT system integrating different risk management, performance and asset allocation analytics modules based on internal database and many third party data providers.
As a Data Engineer in the Fund's Quantitative Methods team, you will:
Maintain a database
- Liaise with external data providers, in particular with the Fund's master custodian, Fund’s administrator and with the risk consultant.
- Maintain and develop interfaces with external databases, as required.
- Maintain the Risk Management and Market Data databases and process data coming from external sources. Validate the coherence of data coming from the external sources.
- Conduct system analysis and keep systems up to date with changing technologies, data providers and environment.
- Analyse current applications including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problems as well as design solutions.
Develop new programs and make updates as required
- Develop code for Python based project, write tests, perform computational and analytical work for the Investment Group as needed.
- Provide support for existing systems ensuring that problems are resolved in a methodical manner and that progress is communicated effectively to all relevant parties.
- Conduct simulations to improve the process of monitoring of investment strategies as well as research and implement performance measures for them.
- Design and maintain reporting tools for various Fund activities.
Natural Hazard And Risk Scientist Gns Science, GNS Science, New Zealand, 11 days ago
We are seeking a Natural Hazard Risk Scientist with a high standard of engagement and communication skills. Experience in quantitative or qualitative risk and impact modelling and knowledge in in...
Risk Analyst, University of Alberta, Canada, about 21 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Information And Technology Security Management Manager, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 6 days ago
Reports to: Chief Information Security and Risk Officer Purpose: This job role is to assess and ensure that information and technology processes, solutions and systems to ensure their adequacy f...
Assistant Professor In Systems Risk Modeling (2021 224 03572 ), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of the Built Environment at Aalborg University’s campus in Systems Risk Modeling from September 1, 2021or soon hereafter. This is a 4 years fu...
Planning And Vendor Management Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
ORGANIZATION NAME Khalifa University ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The U...
Student Life Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, about 20 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants, however, internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consider...