Cancer cell biologist (Postdoc)
The Pediatric Molecular Neuro-oncology Research group of the University Children's Hospital Zurich is seeking a candidate for a postdoctoral position in cancer cell biology and anti-cancer target discovery.
- Responsible for cell biological and biochemical analyses of the RaSMID project
- Perform functional studies at cell and tissue levels to validate compound activities
- Actively contribute to anti-cancer target discovery for pediatric brain tumors
- Explore protein-protein interaction inhibition strategies to interfere with function of novel anti-cancer targets
- Collaborate dynamically and regularly with a team of medicinal chemists and bioimage analysists in the RaSMID project
- A Ph.D. in cancer biology, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry or related field
- Solid knowledge in basic cell biology and/or cancer cell biology.
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D tissue culture techniques
- Substantial practical experience in state-of-the-art analytical cell biology and biochemistry laboratory techniques
- Expertise in biochemical and cell biological approaches to study protein function and protein-protein interaction in cells
- Expertise in advanced qualitative and quantitative microscopy imaging is an asset
- An innovative, self-driven, research-hungry personality, who is both independent and a good team player
What we offer
We are a translational research group positioned between molecular cancer cell biology and therapy development, focusing on molecular target discovery and functional validation of anti-cancer targeting strategies. We offer a fully equipped cancer cell biology laboratory that maintains close ties to the pediatric oncology clinic, along with a wide range of methodologies including state-of-the art microscopy, flow cytometry and advanced cell and tissue culture systems.
This position is part of an SNF Sinergia project entitled "Rational Small Molecule Inhibition of Dissemination (RaSMID) for pediatric brain tumors" and envisioned for a duration of at least two years, with the option to be extended up to a total of four years.
Place of work
Start of employment
Employment start date to be mutually agreed.
UZH on social media
Postdoc Early Human Embryo Stem Cell Models, KU Leuven, Belgium, 23 days ago
The Laboratory of Cellular Reprogramming and Epigenetic Regulation at the KU Leuven is seeking a highly motivated postdoc to study cell fate specification in human pre-implantation and early post-...
Postdoc Early Human Embryo Stem Cell Models, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 23 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-657) Laatst aangepast : 23/08/2021 To decipher the gene regulatory logic of pre-implantation and early post-implantation human embryo development. The Pasque Lab is a molecular and ...
Research Fellow, Microbiology And Immunology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Job Description We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic postdoctoral scientist to join the laboratory of Assistant Professor Kaiwen Chen at the National University of Singapore (NUS). W...
Call For A Research Assistant In Translational Venomics, IMDEA Food Institute, Spain, 17 days ago
Experience requirements: Highly motivated Research Assistant with demonstrated expertise in cell, biotechnology and molecular biology. Specifically, the candidate should have experience in: - Cell...
Research Associate, University of Alberta, Canada, about 9 hours ago
The Research Associate should be able to provide advanced molecular, cellular, pharmacological and physiological expertise to enable research in the field of protein fatty acylation in the regulat...
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Alberta, Canada, about 9 hours ago
Dr. Qiumin Tan Laboratory Role of Cajal-Retzius cells in brain development and function A postdoctoral fellow position is immediately available in the laboratory of Dr. Qiumin Tan, in the Departme...