U-CARE at Uppsala University is seeking for a highly motivated Project Manager with a focus on clinical research, 100 %
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highest quality and relevance to make a long-term difference in society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has over 54,000 students, more than 7,500 employees and a turnover of around SEK 8 billion.
The present Project Manager position is within the unit Digital Health & Mental Health – research in collaboration with the public, hosting U-CARE an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research program (http://www.u-care.uu.se) , at the Department of Women’s and Children’s Health. U-CARE specializes in the development, piloting, and evaluation of e-Mental Health interventions for people with somatic disease, and their significant others. U-CARE has several international collaborations and our broad competence within research methodology was acknowledged in the latest evaluation of research conducted at Uppsala University. Our pipeline includes feasibility, pilot, and controlled trials. We are currently approximately 25 employees. We believe that work can be fun and balanced and we have a flexible mindset to accommodate this philosophy. We offer an attractive employment package in a dynamic and informal work environment rooted in an atmosphere of mutual respect, innovation, and dedication.
The person we are looking for will work with the projects GuardiansCan, CHANGE-pilot, and CHANGE. The employment is initially for two years, however there might be a need to recruit for an additional period.
Read more about our benefits and what it is like to work at Uppsala University.
The overall goal is to respond to poor adherence to children’s follow-up care among guardians of children treated for cancer in Tanzania with the help of mobile health technology. The aims are to: (i) explore guardians’ needs and preferences concerning the provision of follow-up care reminders, information, and emotional support; (ii) co-design an e-Mental Health intervention providing guardians with follow-up care reminders, relevant information, and emotional support and acceptable and relevant procedures for a controlled evaluation of the intervention; and (iii) examine clinical, methodological, and procedural uncertainties associated with the intervention and study methods to inform the design and conduct of a future pilot randomized controlled trial of the e-Mental Health intervention.
CHANGE-pilot and CHANGE
The overall goal is to increase access to psychological support for parents of children treated for cancer in Sweden. Support is provided with EJDeR (intErnetbaserad sJälvhjälp för förälDrar till barn som avslutat en behandling mot canceR). EJDeR is a co-created, gender-tailored, guided, low intensity cognitive behavioural therapy self-help, e-Mental health intervention for parents experiencing symptoms of depression and/or generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) related to their child’s cancer disease. The aims are to: (i) examine uncertainties associated with design and conduct of a superiority randomized controlled trial (RCT) of EJDeR plus treatment as usual (TAU) vs TAU for treatment of symptoms of depression and/or GAD in parents of children treated for cancer in a pilot RCT (CHANGE-pilot); (ii) examine the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of EJDeR plus TAU vs TAU for treatment of symptoms of depression and/or GAD in parents of children treated for cancer; and explore relationships between intervention implementation, mechanisms of impact, context, and outcomes in a superiority RCT (CHANGE).
Your essential tasks will be to:
- be responsible for working with the planning, set-up, and execution of the studies to ensure that deliverables are met in time, at a high quality, and within budget
- create and maintain all study files, including the study master files
- develop relevant documents such as clinical study protocols, study plans, standard operating procedures, and material for ethics committee submissions, and informed consent procedures
- ensure that the studies are conducted in accordance with applicable ethical and regulatory requirements in the respective country and that appropriate records and audit documentation is maintained
- monitor recruitment and retention, compliance with the study protocols, and ensure high quality data collection procedures
- prepare research progress and monitoring reports
- collaborate with researchers, research staff, and guardians/parents
- contribute to in-house process improvements ideas and implementation in our Standard Operating Procedures
To be eligible for this position you will have:
- a Master’s degree or higher in Healthcare Sciences, or a related relevant discipline
- documented expertise in areas relevant to the position, including previous experience of coordinating and project managing healthcare trials and a track-record of successful delivery of intervention research studies
- an advanced understanding of clinical research and trial management methodology
- evidence of peer reviewed publication
The ideal candidate will:
- have 5+ years of experience in independently driving and project managing clinical studies
- have in-depth knowledge of clinical study planning, set-up, execution, and reporting
- have training in project management
- have experience of setting up and project managing international clinical studies
- have experience from working with or for clinical research organizations
- have experience of digital healthcare research
- be well-organized, detail-oriented, and efficient with strong problem-solving skills
- be a team player with strong communication and leadership skills
Your application should be written in English and contain the following:
- your Curriculum Vitae
- copies of your degree certificates
- a letter of motivation (maximum two pages)
- complete publication list, including URL/DOI to respective papers
- contact information for a minimum of two references
About the employment
The employment is temporary position, 24 months. Scope of employment 100 %. Starting date as agreed. Placement: Uppsala
For further information about the position, please contact: The research group leader and principal investigator, Professor Louise von Essen, email@example.com, +46184713484.
Please submit your application by 21 February 2023, UFV-PA 2022/4811.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? Find out more about what it´s like to work and live in Sweden.
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services.
Submit your application through Uppsala University's recruitment system.
Placement: Department of Women's and Children's Health
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position
Pay: Individual salary
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100%
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2022/4811
Last application date: 2023-02-28
Apply for position
Doctoral Candidate In The History Of Science , Uppsala University ;, Sweden, 6 days ago
The Department of History of Science and Ideas is a vibrant and excellent research environment, with outstanding research groups in the history of medicine and history of science, political histor...
4 Doctoral Candidates In The History Of Political Thought , Uppsala University ;, Sweden, 16 days ago
The Department of History of Science and Ideas is a vibrant and excellent research environment, with outstanding research groups in political history, history of medicine and history of science, a...
Doctoral Candidate In The History Of Ideas And Science , Uppsala University ;, Sweden, 16 days ago
We are recruiting a doctoral candidate in the history of ideas and science. The Department of History of Science and Ideas is a vibrant and excellent research environment, with outstanding researc...
Data Manager I Rods Pilot, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 17 days ago
Would you like to help improve research data management practices at TU Delft? Join us to co-lead a pilot on the implementation of a new, innovative tool for data management! The massive quantitie...
Doctoral Student In Energy Management & Hybrid Energy Storage In Buildings, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Project description Third-cycle subject: Energy and Environmental Systems The PhD candidate will join Department of Energy Technology at KTH. The research group within the department has the main...
Postdoctor In Structural Nano Chemistry/Biology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 7 hours ago
Department of Molecular Sciences at SLU, has an open position for a postdoc in structural nano-chemistry and biology. The department has ca. 110 employees, and together with four other departments...