Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management
The Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Administration is part of the Faculty of Landscape Architecture, Horticulture and Plant Production Science. The research and teaching within the department is performed by four theme groups: Design of Urban Landscapes, Landscape Planning, Urban Vegetation and Landscape Governance and Management. Research and teaching and at the department are multidisciplinary, including the perspectives of the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, design and engineering. The department’s staff comprises 85 members, active in both teaching and research.
Read more here: https://www.slu.se/en/departments/department-of-landscape-architecture-planning-management/
The subject is landscape architecture with a focus on the transformation of urban landscapes.
The purpose of this appointment is to develop knowledge in the subject and contribute to research, collaboration and teaching that bridges design and planning with special emphasis on the transformation of urban landscapes.
The senior lecturer should within the subject area:
- contribute to the development and strengthening of research and education (from bachelor's to doctoral level)
- participate actively in teaching, both practical and theoretical, including supervision and examination
- participate actively in research and supervision of doctoral students, produce scientific publications and apply for external research funding
- participate in and develop research and teaching collaborations within the subject area, at the department and SLU and with similar subject areas at other higher education institutions in Sweden and internationally
- develop and strengthen collaboration with the surrounding society
The applicant must have:
- completed a doctoral degree in landscape architecture or equivalent discipline
- demonstrated pedagogical skills in teaching at the undergraduate and advanced level
- completed pedagogical training in teaching in higher education corresponding to at least 10 weeks of studies, or have acquired the corresponding knowledge in some other way
- scientific skills in the field
- demonstrated experience of interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research
- demonstrated good ability to communicate in Swedish and in English
Assessment criteria for the appointment will primarily be based on the degree to which the applicant possesses the required qualifications specified for the position. Equal attention will be paid to the assessment of teaching proficiency and the assessment of academic skills. Special emphasis will also be put on collaboration experience and project management.
When assessing the pedagogical skills, the following is taken into account:
- planning and implementation of teaching in the subject
- supervision and examination of independent work
- ability to integrate research, practice and a scientific approach in teaching
- experience of modern teaching methodologies, such as digital teaching methods
When assessing scientific skill, the following is taken into account:
- ability to develop research in the subject, for example by publishing, scientifically and popularly, and by receiving research grants
- experience from interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research of significance for landscape architecture and planning
When assessing other skills is taken into account
- experience of the profession's practice
- demonstrated project management and administrative skills
- networking and communication skills.
Final date for application:
Place of work:
Form of employment:
According to agreement
Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU as guide when
you fill in your application.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives:
You'll find here .
URL to this pagehttps://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/work-at-slu/jobs-vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=4797&rmlang=UK
Hku Professoriate Scholar (Architecture) , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
HKU Professoriate Recruitment (Architecture) Ref.: 502569 Work type: Full-time Department: Faculty of Architecture (01000) Categories: Professoriate Staff The University of Hong Kong (HKU) is plea...
Associate Professor / Professor In Plant Knowledge And Plant Use In Green Spaces, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU), Norway, 2 days ago
About the position NMBU’s Department of Landscape Architecture seeks a new colleague with an excellent record of accomplishment in research and education, competence in theoretical approaches to p...
1 3 Associate Professors Positions In Architecture With Focus On Social And Environmental Sustainability And Housing , Umeå University, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Umeå School of Architecture, a department at Umeå University are looking for up to three Associate professors with a focus on social and environmental sustainability and housing. You are welcome t...
Professors Of Architecture And Design (# Of Pos: 2), ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 7 days ago
The Department of Architecture (www.arch.ethz.ch ) at ETH Zurich invites applications for two professorships. The professorships are located at the Institute of Design and Architecture IEA (www.ie...
Lecturer (Tenure Track) Heritage & Adaptive Reuse, Hasselt University, Belgium, 1 day ago
The Faculty of Architecture and Arts of Hasselt University seeks a (m/f/x) lecturer (tenure track) Heritage & Adaptive Reuse Background This vacancy seeks for strengthening the academic research a...
Senior Lecturer In Automatic Control With Focus On Robotics (Pa2021/1145), University of Lund, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Mal...