Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management
The Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Administration is part of the Faculty of Landscape Architecture, Horticulture
and Plant Production Science. The research and teaching within the department is performed by four theme groups: Design of Urban
Landscapes, Landscape Planning, Urban Vegetation and Landscape Governance and Management. Research and teaching and at the
department are multidisciplinary, including the perspectives of the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, design and engineering.
The department’s staff comprises 85 members, active in both teaching and research.
Read more here: https://www.slu.se/en/departments/department-of-landscape-architecture-planning-management/
The subject area for this position is spatial planning with a special focus on sustainable urban and residential planning, as well as municipal planning.
The senior lecturer should within the subject area:
- contribute to the development and strengthening of research and education (from bachelor's to doctoral level)
- participate actively in teaching, including supervision and examination
- participate actively in research and supervision of doctoral students, produce scientific publications and apply for external research funding
- participate in and develop research and teaching collaborations within the subject area, at the department and SLU and with similar subject areas at other higher education institutions in Sweden and internationally
- develop and strengthen collaboration with society
The applicant must:
- have completed a doctoral degree in the subject of landscape architecture, landscape planning, spatial planning or related discipline relevant to the subject
- have demonstrated pedagogical skills in teaching at undergraduate and advanced level, including supervision
- have completed higher education pedagogical training in at least 10 weeks of full-time studies or otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge
- be scientifically skilled in the subject area and have demonstrated the ability to obtain external research grants
- have published in publications relevant to the subject area
- have good knowledge of Swedish or another Scandinavian language and English
Assessment criteria for the appointment will primarily be based on the degree to which the applicant possesses the required qualifications specified for the position. Equal attention will be paid to the assessment of teaching proficiency and the assessment of academic skills
When assessing the pedagogical skills, the following is taken into account:
- planning, implementation and evaluation of teaching in the subject area
- supervision and examination of students
- ability to integrate research and a scientific approach in teaching
When assessing scientific skill, the following are taken into account:
- the applicant's capacity to develop the research area, for example the ability to obtain research grants and publish in scientific journals or books
In other respects, a strong collaborative network of value for the department's teaching and research as well as good communication and collaboration skills are taken into account. Experience of research in planning liveable environments for vulnerable groups is an advantage, as well as experience of various research environments of relevance to the subject.
Final date for application:
Place of work:
Form of employment:
According to agreement
Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU as guide when you fill in your application.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives:
You'll find here .
URL to this pagehttps://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/work-at-slu/jobs-vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=4800&rmlang=UK
Hku Professoriate Scholar (Architecture) , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
HKU Professoriate Recruitment (Architecture) Ref.: 502569 Work type: Full-time Department: Faculty of Architecture (01000) Categories: Professoriate Staff The University of Hong Kong (HKU) is plea...
Professor Of Public And Non Profit Management With A Specialisation In Cultural Management, Karl-Franzens-University Graz, Austria, 17 days ago
The post holder will be responsible for the area of public and non-profit management in teaching and research with a focus on cultural management. Related sub-areas, such as restructuring, network...
A Tenure Track Professorship Pursuant To § 99 Para. 5 Of The Universities Act., Graz University of Technology, Austria, 5 days ago
• Excellent scientific achievements, which are documented by publications in relevant conferences and journals in the field • In order to represent the subject internationally and to teach, an exc...
Professors Of Architecture And Design (# Of Pos: 2), ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 2 days ago
The Department of Architecture (www.arch.ethz.ch ) at ETH Zurich invites applications for two professorships. The professorships are located at the Institute of Design and Architecture IEA (www.ie...
Assistant Professor, Machine Learning, Machine Learning, United Arab Emirates, 1 day ago
Position ID:MBZUAI -ML -ASTPML [#17949] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates [map ] Subject Areas: Machine Learn...
Assistant Professors In Human Geography, Planning And International Development Studies, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
The Faculty and the Department of Human Geography, Planning and International Development Studies The Department of Geography, Planning and International Development Studies (GPIO) is embedded wit...