Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management
The Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Administration is part of the Faculty of Landscape Architecture, Horticulture
and Plant Production Science. The research and teaching within the department is performed by four theme groups: Design of Urban
Landscapes, Landscape Planning, Urban Vegetation and Landscape Governance and Management. Research and teaching and at the
department are multidisciplinary, including the perspectives of the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, design and engineering.
The department’s staff comprises 85 members, active in both teaching and research.
Read more here: https://www.slu.se/en/departments/department-of-landscape-architecture-planning-management/
The subject area for this position is spatial planning with a special focus on sustainable urban and residential planning, as well as municipal planning.
The senior lecturer should within the subject area:
- contribute to the development and strengthening of research and education (from bachelor's to doctoral level)
- participate actively in teaching, including supervision and examination
- participate actively in research and supervision of doctoral students, produce scientific publications and apply for external research funding
- participate in and develop research and teaching collaborations within the subject area, at the department and SLU and with similar subject areas at other higher education institutions in Sweden and internationally
- develop and strengthen collaboration with society
The applicant must:
- have completed a doctoral degree in the subject of landscape architecture, landscape planning, spatial planning or related discipline relevant to the subject
- have demonstrated pedagogical skills in teaching at undergraduate and advanced level, including supervision
- have completed higher education pedagogical training in at least 10 weeks of full-time studies or otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge
- be scientifically skilled in the subject area and have demonstrated the ability to obtain external research grants
- have published in publications relevant to the subject area
- have good knowledge of Swedish or another Scandinavian language and English
Assessment criteria for the appointment will primarily be based on the degree to which the applicant possesses the required qualifications specified for the position. Equal attention will be paid to the assessment of teaching proficiency and the assessment of academic skills
When assessing the pedagogical skills, the following is taken into account:
- planning, implementation and evaluation of teaching in the subject area
- supervision and examination of students
- ability to integrate research and a scientific approach in teaching
When assessing scientific skill, the following are taken into account:
- the applicant's capacity to develop the research area, for example the ability to obtain research grants and publish in scientific journals or books
In other respects, a strong collaborative network of value for the department's teaching and research as well as good communication and collaboration skills are taken into account. Experience of research in planning liveable environments for vulnerable groups is an advantage, as well as experience of various research environments of relevance to the subject.
Final date for application:
Place of work:
Form of employment:
According to agreement
Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU as guide when you fill in your application.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives:
You'll find here .
URL to this pagehttps://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/work-at-slu/jobs-vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=4800&rmlang=UK
Lecturer In Architecture, Sustainable Urban Design (12 Months, 40%), KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Landscape Planning, Lincoln University, New Zealand, 14 days ago
Technical support Sign in Search jobs Search Show all jobs Keyword or Job Code Locations Any Work type Any Expertise Any show advanced Search firstname.lastname@example.org Apply Print Email this job to a ...
Head Of Training Of Communication, Navigation And Surveillance Systems, Estonian Aviation Academy, Estonia, 15 days ago
Duties and responsibilities planning, organising and developing training activities (incl. ATSEP) in the field of study; leading and participating in development activities and projects related to...
The Epistemic Status Of Knowledge In The Teaching Process For Maria Montessori, Università degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo, Italy, 6 days ago
The research project has the purpose to analyze the epistemic status of knowledge in the teaching process in Maria Montessori, with a particular focus on the methodological and didactic implicatio...
Lecturer In Architectural Engineering/Digital Construction, University of Wollongong, Australia, 5 days ago
Job Description Lecturer in Architectural Engineering/ Digital Construction Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences Permanent/Continuing full-time appointment Level B: $100,306 – $115,840 ...
Assistant Professor (Research Teaching Staff), University of Warsaw, Poland, 16 days ago
COMPETITION for the position of assistant professor (research-teaching staff) field: Social Sciences, discipline: Education at the Faculty of Education, University of Warsaw one full-time possitio...