Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research?
We are looking for a highly selfmotivated and ambitious individual to elucidate cardiogenesis in animal models. The candidate is expected to work with animal heart disease models, cells and embryos and perform molecular cell biology, imaging and sequencing techniques. The candidate will be responsible for setting up and organizing the project and as such be responsible for his/her own academic and research activities, elaboration and test of hypothesis, adaptation of existing or new scientific techniques and data analysis.
The candidate must be fluent in English (both spoken and written), and demonstrate excellent communication skills, documented by participation in international meetings. The candidate’s personal skills will be highly valued.
Specific background and skills required:
- PhD in Molecular Medicine or Molecular Biology
- Strong background in embryogenesis, cardiogenesis, angiogenesis and heart regeneration
- Documented experience of gene manipulation methods, CRISPR/Cas9 technology
- Extensive experience in human stem cell culture and differentiations
- Documented experience of in vitro primate embryo culture
- Experience in next generation sequencing, bulk sequencing and single cell sequencing
- Experience in molecular cloning, especially in vitro RNA synthesis
- Experience in cryosection, immunohistochemistry, confocal and light-sheet microscopy
- Experience in design or improvement of cell and molecular biology experimental protocols
- Documented experience of animal surgeries and establishment of disease models
- Experience in microangiography
- Experience in bioinformatics
- Background in pathogenesis of heart diseases including myocardial infarction, infarction/reperfusion and heart failure
What do we offer?
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world's leading medical universities. Our vision is to pursue the development of knowledge about life and to promote better health for all. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct innovative medical research and provide the largest range of biomedical education in Sweden. Karolinska Institutet is a state university, which entitles employees to several benefits such as extended holiday and a generous occupational pension. Employees also have free access to our modern gym and receive reimbursements for medical care.
An employment application must contain the following documents in Swedish or English:
- A cover letter
- A complete resumé, including date of the thesis defense, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title and current position
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
- Two letters of recommendation
Welcome to apply at the latest 2021-04-15.
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Permanent position is initiated by a six months trial period.
Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all
Research Technician Maternity Cover, EMBL, Worldwide, 1 day ago
EMBL is seeking a research technician to join Dr. Jan Korbel's group in the Genome Biology Unit. The post holder will work in a leading laboratory focusing on genomics and single cell technology-d...
Development Of Fret Nanosensors For The Study Of Molecular Assembly In Artificial Cells, Université Paris Saclay, Suriname, 14 days ago
Artificial cells are biomimetic models used to better understand biophysical and biochemical processes. The bottom-up assembly of a minimal synthetic cell allows to reproduce the functions of a ce...
Research Technician Functional Genomics, EMBL, Worldwide, 1 day ago
The research group of Lars Steinmetz seeks for an ambitious research technician to support our work on CRISPR/Cas9 based genetic screening in human cell line model systems. The research technician...
Cell Processing Specialist, University of Alberta, Canada, 7 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants, however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considera...
Single Cell Genomics Lab Technician, Centre For Genomic Regulation, Spain, 23 days ago
The Institute The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiat...
Laboratory Technician Cell Assays, Karolinska Institutet (KI), Sweden, 28 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Since June 2020, the Department of Medicine has been participating in a research project in collaboration with Uppsala University, which ...