Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research?
We are looking for a highly selfmotivated and ambitious individual to elucidate cardiogenesis in animal models. The candidate is expected to work with animal heart disease models, cells and embryos and perform molecular cell biology, imaging and sequencing techniques. The candidate will be responsible for setting up and organizing the project and as such be responsible for his/her own academic and research activities, elaboration and test of hypothesis, adaptation of existing or new scientific techniques and data analysis.
The candidate must be fluent in English (both spoken and written), and demonstrate excellent communication skills, documented by participation in international meetings. The candidate’s personal skills will be highly valued.
Specific background and skills required:
- PhD in Molecular Medicine or Molecular Biology
- Strong background in embryogenesis, cardiogenesis, angiogenesis and heart regeneration
- Documented experience of gene manipulation methods, CRISPR/Cas9 technology
- Extensive experience in human stem cell culture and differentiations
- Documented experience of in vitro primate embryo culture
- Experience in next generation sequencing, bulk sequencing and single cell sequencing
- Experience in molecular cloning, especially in vitro RNA synthesis
- Experience in cryosection, immunohistochemistry, confocal and light-sheet microscopy
- Experience in design or improvement of cell and molecular biology experimental protocols
- Documented experience of animal surgeries and establishment of disease models
- Experience in microangiography
- Experience in bioinformatics
- Background in pathogenesis of heart diseases including myocardial infarction, infarction/reperfusion and heart failure
What do we offer?
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world's leading medical universities. Our vision is to pursue the development of knowledge about life and to promote better health for all. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct innovative medical research and provide the largest range of biomedical education in Sweden. Karolinska Institutet is a state university, which entitles employees to several benefits such as extended holiday and a generous occupational pension. Employees also have free access to our modern gym and receive reimbursements for medical care.
An employment application must contain the following documents in Swedish or English:
- A cover letter
- A complete resumé, including date of the thesis defense, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title and current position
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
- Two letters of recommendation
Welcome to apply at the latest 2021-04-15.
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Permanent position is initiated by a six months trial period.
Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all
Senior Lab Manager , Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Your mission We are looking for a highly self-motivated and ambitious person to elucidate cardiogenesis in animal models. The position wi...
Research Laboratory Technician – Cellular Immunology, Lugli Lab, Humanitas Clinical and Research Center, Italy, 23 days ago
I am currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled research technician to assist scientists in their basic laboratory procedures. The position is available for up to 4 years (starting September...
Scientific Officer, Department Of Medicine, THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, Laos, about 13 hours ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Department of Medicine (20600) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Scientific Officer in the Department of Medicine (Ref...
Vib Single Cell Project Manager, VIB, Belgium, about 21 hours ago
VIB is widely recognized as an established and world-leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The unique combination of stra...
Technician Position Opened At The Institute For Biomedical Research August Pi I Sunyer (Idibaps) Of..., IDIBAPS (Institut d&#039;Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer), Spain, 4 days ago
A job is being opened to cover 1 Position of Lab Technician to support the research of INSTITUT D’INVESTIGACIONS BIOMÈDIQUES AUGUST PI I SUNYER (IDIBAPS) at the research project “BCLLatlas: Single...
Extracellular Vesicles And Neuron Glia Communication In Neurodegeneration, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 2 days ago
Extracellular vesicles have emerged as important mediators of intercellular communication. By delivering their cargo, including protein, lipid, RNA and/or DNA, to adjacent and distant cells, extra...