KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The job includes the following main tasks:
Lead antibody projects within the platform which includes:
- lead a project group consisting of members from the platform and external collaborators
- be responsible for planning, execution and follow up of activities
- effective and transparent communication of plans and results within and outside the platform
- contribute in the lab by performing activities such as in vitro selection and binding and biophysical characterization of selected candidates
- identify and evaluate optimization of antibody candidates to improve functional and biophysical characteristics
Explore and evaluate novel disease modifying mechanisms based on protein protein interactions
The position offers excellent opportunities for innovation and development since our ambition is to deliver antibody candidates that is at par with industry standards.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm , in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- PhD in biotechnology, cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, or immunology.
- Proven track record of independent work demonstrating skills in molecular biology, protein expression, purification and characterization
- Demonstrated experience from phages display technology
- Demonstrated experience from protein engineering
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing since this is needed ih the daily work.
- Experience in project leadership
- Experience in alternative in vitro display techniques
- Experience in protein expression using different systems
- Experience from the pharma/biotech industry
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency, and in addition to the mentioned qualifications above, a successful candidate is also expected to meet the following requirements:
- Excellent teamwork ability and a goal and results-oriented focus.
- A high ability to adopt new methods and ways of working
- Excellent problem-solving analytical ability with an independent, structured, and thorough working style
- A high degree of integrity, motivation, and flexibility at work
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
The application must include:
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid until further notice (permanent post) according to agreement.
The employment begins with a six-month probationary period.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here .
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence
Type of employment: Permanent position
Contract type: Full time
First day of employment: According to agreement
Salary: Monthly payment
Number of positions: 1
Full-time equivalent: 100%
County: Stockholms län
Reference number: C-2022-1705
Last application date: 2022-11-30
Postdoc In Analytic Number Theory, KTH, Sweden, 22 days ago
Postdoc in Analytic Number Theory KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Engineering Sciences KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading techn...
Postdoc In Quantum Technology To Study Entanglement In Quantum Circuits, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Job description We are working to create cluster states in the microwave frequency band (4-8 GHz) by synchronous pumping of a nonlinear superconducting circuit at multiple frequencies. In theory,...
Postdoc In Digital Twin For Human Robot Collaboration, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Job description Department of Production Engineering is looking for one Postdoctoral Fellow in the field of digital twin for human-robot collaboration in smart manufacturing. This position will be...
Postdoc In (Socio)Legal Studies Of Technology/ Human Computer Interaction, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Job description The aim of our project is to identify conflicts between specific parts of newly proposed EU legislation (Data Act) and data-driven practices in the creative industry in Sweden. You...
Post Doctoral Fellowship (2 Years) In Nmr Based Structure And…, Umeå University (UmU), Sweden, about 20 hours ago
The Department of Chemistry at Umeå university is offering a two-year postdoctoral scholarship within the project “NMR based structure and mechanisms of designed proteins in cancer treatment”. The...
Postdoc In Analog Cmos Ising Machines, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Job description The postdoctoral research position is within the Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits and Systems group at EECS/EES. The group performs research on the development of high-performance,...