KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The job includes the following main tasks:
Lead antibody projects within the platform which includes:
- lead a project group consisting of members from the platform and external collaborators
- be responsible for planning, execution and follow up of activities
- effective and transparent communication of plans and results within and outside the platform
- contribute in the lab by performing activities such as in vitro selection and binding and biophysical characterization of selected candidates
- identify and evaluate optimization of antibody candidates to improve functional and biophysical characteristics
Explore and evaluate novel disease modifying mechanisms based on protein protein interactions
The position offers excellent opportunities for innovation and development since our ambition is to deliver antibody candidates that is at par with industry standards.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm , in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- PhD in biotechnology, cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, or immunology.
- Proven track record of independent work demonstrating skills in molecular biology, protein expression, purification and characterization
- Demonstrated experience from phages display technology
- Demonstrated experience from protein engineering
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing since this is needed ih the daily work.
- Experience in project leadership
- Experience in alternative in vitro display techniques
- Experience in protein expression using different systems
- Experience from the pharma/biotech industry
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency, and in addition to the mentioned qualifications above, a successful candidate is also expected to meet the following requirements:
- Excellent teamwork ability and a goal and results-oriented focus.
- A high ability to adopt new methods and ways of working
- Excellent problem-solving analytical ability with an independent, structured, and thorough working style
- A high degree of integrity, motivation, and flexibility at work
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
The application must include:
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid until further notice (permanent post) according to agreement.
The employment begins with a six-month probationary period.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here .
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence
Type of employment: Permanent position
Contract type: Full time
First day of employment: According to agreement
Salary: Monthly payment
Number of positions: 1
Full-time equivalent: 100%
County: Stockholms län
Reference number: C-2022-1705
Last application date: 2022-11-30
Postdoc In Robotics And Ai Powered Microscopy Imaging, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Job description The Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) is a national center for molecular biosciences with focus on health and environmental research. The combination of the highly interdisc...
Postdoc In Kinetics And Dynamics Of Catalytic Dehydrogenation, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Job description Hydrogen is expected to be a key component in a future fossil-free society in sectors of energy, transportation and industrial production of chemicals and materials. The research c...
Researcher In Precipitation And Crystallization Within Hydrometallurgy, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Job description At the division of resource recovery at the department of chemical engineering we conduct research within a number of projects with the common objective to develop sustainable recy...
Postdoc In Refrigeration And Heat Pumping Systems, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Job description Heat pumping technologies for refrigeration and heating applications are playing a significant role in our future energy systems, particularly with the current energy situation in ...
Postdoc In Mathematical Statistics At Med Tech Labs, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Job description The Department of Mathematics at KTH is offering a two-year post-doctoral position in mathematical statistics connected to MedTechLabs’ project in bioelectronic medicine. MedTechLa...
Postdoc In Spectral Turbulent Wing Simulations And Deep Learning Methods, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Job description The goal of this project is to use computational-fluid-dynamics (CFD) methods for the analysis of turbulent flows around wings and other complex geometries. To this end, high-order...