Subject description Juiciness of meat is key in determining its consumer acceptance and there is a significant know-how and experimental tools with regard to meat. However, for plant-based alternatives this understanding and characterisation toolbox is still largely missing. In this EU project we will transfer and modify what is known in meat to meat alternatives aiming to:
- Quantify juice loss of meat alternatives compared to their targeted meat example
- Understand structure properties and role of ingredients including the plant proteins, lipids, hydrocolloids etc.
- Understand the influence of processing and cooking
- Evaluate the correlation between physical measurements and sensory perception of juiciness
- Develop prototypes with improved sensory perception and clear product development guidelines.
Our part of this EU project is to measure the structural properties using oil droplet size distributions, texture and light and electron microscopy.
- Research within the research area described above.
- Working out methodology for light and electron microscopy using a microtome and different colouring agents.
- Working out methodology trying to quantify the micrographs achieved in light and electron microscopy.
- Collaboration with industry working on meat analogues
- Writing reports within EU project
- Administration related to the work duties listed above
Qualification requirements Applicants must have:
- A PhD in Applied Nutrition or Food Engineering
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English
Consideration will also be given to good collaborative skills, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Terms of employment Fixed-term employment, 100 %, 12 months.
Instructions how to apply Applications shall be written in English and be compiled into a PDF-file containing:
- Resumé/CV including a list of publications.
- A general description of past research
- Contact information of at least two references
- Copy of the doctoral degree certificate and other certificates/grades that you wish to be considered.
Light Microscopy Facility Manager / Post Doc (F/M) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 19 hours ago
11.06.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal Living cells rely on the ability of the cytoskeleton to continuously form and destroy diverse structures, which is strongly coupled to the adhesion processe...
Bioimage Analyst At Cfim (Core Facility For Integrated Microscopy), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
The Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy (CFIM) at the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, is looking to recruit a Bioimage Analyst (permanent position) to commence as soon as...
International Methane Scientist , Environmental Defense Fund Europe ;, Germany, 23 days ago
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science,...
Researcher (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, 1 day ago
Our Mission: Discovering and describing life and earth - with people, through dialogue. The Museum für Naturkunde Berlin (MfN) is an excellent and integrated research museum of the Leibniz Associa...
Art Preparator, Wesleyan University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Position Information Job Posting Number S00852 Position Title Art Preparator Department Davison Art Center-1052 Job Category Staff Posting Position Type Full-Time Position Details Wesleyan Univers...
Eoi Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions: 2 D Terahertz Photonics, ICN2, Spain, about 20 hours ago
The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its rese...