This Researcher position aims to develop nonlinear models of grid-forming converters (GFCs) with current-limiting controls, analyze the impacts of GFCs on power system stability, and design advanced control methods for GFCs to enhance the overall system performance.
The successful candidate will work with the Division of Electric Power and Energy Systems, KTH, and develop innovative solutions for modeling, stability assessment, and control of low-inertia power systems. This research aims to understand the complex behavior of low-inertia power systems, thereby paving the path to a more sustainable future.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm , in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree
- A doctoral degree in Control Systems, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Documented research expertise on modeling and stability analysis of power converters· Good communication skills
- Able to develop, modify, and implement simulation models to verify the theoretical results
- Teaching ability
- Collaborative abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with a specific focus on gender equality
- Documented research expertise on modeling and stability analysis of grid-forming converters with current limitations, and advanced nonlinear control designs applied to power converters
- Able to present research in both academic and non-academic venues and collaborate effectively in a highly interdisciplinary team
- Able to develop, modify, and implement experimental models to verify the theoretical results
- Experience of developing and leading activities and staff.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
To apply for the position
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- At least two references
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement - for up to 1 year, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here .
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence
Postdoc In Gpu Algorithms For Molecular Dynamics With Gromacs, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 19 days ago
18 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KTH Royal Institute of Technology Research Field Computer science » Informatics Computer science » Other Computer science » Programming Researcher ...
Postdocs In Computational Biophysics, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 5 days ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KTH Royal Institute of Technology Research Field Physics » Biophysics Physics » Computational physics Neurosciences » Neurology Researcher Profile R...
Postdoc In Gpu Algorithms For Molecular Dynamics With Gromacs, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden, 14 days ago
24 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) Research Field Computer science » Other Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Sweden Applicatio...
Postdoc In Electricity Market Optimization With Nonconvexities, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 22 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KTH Royal Institute of Technology Research Field Mathematics » Applied mathematics Engineering » Electrical engineering Economics » Other Mathemati...
Postdoc In Mathematics, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 19 days ago
18 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KTH Royal Institute of Technology Research Field Mathematics » Algebra Mathematics » Applied mathematics Mathematics » Computational mathematics Ma...
Research Student Assistant In Cellular Biophysics, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 12 days ago
25 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KTH Royal Institute of Technology Research Field Physics » Biophysics Biological sciences » Other Engineering » Other Researcher Profile First Stag...